The Miracle Kids: Part 1 of 2A busload of 35 Tanzanian seventh grade students became what Sioux City orthopedic surgeon Dr. Steve Meyer described as a mass of bodies one fateful day in May of 2017. The deadly accident occurred...
Disciplinary Board benches Assistant County AttorneyA Spirit Lake attorney's handling of a $1.16 million estate drew the attention of the Iowa Supreme Court Attorney Disciplinary Board and has resulted in a 30-day suspension. Lonnie Saunders serves as...
Students, veterans connect at area ceremoniesSchool assemblies provided a Monday punctuation to Veterans Day ceremonies around Dickinsson County. Busloads of elementary students joined the high school ranks Monday afternoon for a Veterans Day...
Dec. 11 hearing set for East Loch Estates arguementsA judge will hear from both sides in a case stemming from resistance to a proposed housing development near the shores of East Lake Okoboji. Iowa Third District Court Judge Patrick Tott ordered...
- Sharing Christmas 2018 (11/13/18)
- King hopes Kavanaugh, Gorsuch will uphold heartbeat bill (11/13/18)
- State sets record for mid-term election participation (11/13/18)
- Winter Games registration opens, apparel available (11/13/18)
- Curtain closes on 'Sleeping Beauty' (11/13/18)
- Youth in Philanthropy's 26 students make a difference (11/13/18)
- Knights of Columbus Soup and Pie Supper sees another strong turnout (11/13/18)
- Commodores harbor at Snappers (11/13/18)
- Construction relocates Spirit Lake Medical Clinic (11/13/18)
- Top three ways to handle fall leaves (11/13/18)
- A WOLF IN RUSSIAN CLOTHINGAndy Wolf is a champion, again. You may know Andy Wolf as the property manager at the Bedell Family YMCA in Spirit Lake. You can't miss his office or his presence at the facility, as he is often the first person you see when walking in the door. Or you may know Andy Wolf as husband of Amber, father of grade schoolers Lincoln and Reid, and a resident of Milford...
- No. 2 Lakers top No. 10 Panthers in conference opener
- Laker swimmers compete at Morningside Invitational
- Iowa Lakes hoops teams top 100 against Dordt JV
- Tigers make improvements at state
- Delperdang runs at IATC Senior All-Star 5K
- Iowa Lakes' Ben MacRae named Region XI Co-Coach of the Year
- Laker men place 8 on all-region soccer teams
- Laker women place 4 on all-region soccer teams
- Laker wrestling begins at Yellow Jacket Open
- Lakers dump Northwestern JV
My accidental Veterans Day insultMy fellow Americans, I have a confession to make. Quite by accident, I realized I may have actually offended a large group of people Monday morning … while the national anthem played … at a Veterans...
GOP still holds majorityThe midterm elections on Tuesday, Nov. 6, brought some changes to state government. In the legislature, the House and Senate will remain in Republican control with a 54 seat majority in the House and...
John 'Dick' NotestineJan. 11, 1926 — Nov. 7, 2018 John "Dick" Notestine, 92, of Okoboji passed away on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018, at Accura Healthcare of Spirit Lake. A memorial Mass was held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, Nov....
Jean M. ThompsonMarch 6, 1944 - Nov. 8, 2018 Jean M. Thompson, 74, of Carlisle, Ohio, formerly of Spirit Lake passed away on Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, at her home in Carlisle, Ohio. Funeral services for Jean will be...
David BordwellMarch 21, 1934 — Nov. 2, 2018 A funeral service for David Bordwell, 84, of Lakefield, Minnesota, was held Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, at First Baptist Church in Jackson, Minnesota. Interment was at...
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
Help WantedTanTara is hiring FLATBED DRIVERS! Earn up to 32% of revenue in incentives. Regional & Nationwide positions. New Trucks, New Trailers. Full Benefits. www.tantara.us 1-800-650-0292. (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Help WantedPOLICE OFFICER: Indianola Police Department is taking applications for the positions of Police Officer. Obtain applications by visiting https://www.indianolaiowa.gov/181/Application, choose Application link. Deadline 12/7/2018 EOE (INCN)