Area man receives Feb. 5 trial date to answer sexual assault chargesA Dickinson County man accused of sexually abusing two Milford teenagers in Estherville has entered a "not guilty" plea at the Emmet County Courthouse. District Court Judge Don Courtney on Wednesday...
State honors Sackett for making makersHundreds of young hands beat against the Okoboji Elementary School gymnasium floor Monday morning. The drumroll swelled as STEM teacher JoAnne Sackett was announced as the region's 2019 recipient of...
Kidnapping trial moved to June 24 in Spirit LakeDistrict Court Judge James C. Ellefson ordered a new trial date for a high-profile kidnapping and abuse case that has been moved to Spirit Lake. Alex C. Shadlow's trial was scheduled to begin Monday,...
Milford officer resigns amid alcohol distribution investigationA Milford police officer has resigned after being accused of providing alcohol to a person under the legal drinking age of 21. Milford Police Chief Bob Clark confirmed Tuesday morning officer Richard...
- Nature Center announces No School Day Camps (1/15/19)
- Snowshoeing planned for Hike the Wild (1/15/19)
- Chicago tribute band coming to PLAC (1/15/19)
- DCNC expands pollinator revival lecture (1/15/19)
- Spirit Lake Library News (1/15/19)
- Milford Library News (1/15/19)
- Okoboji High School announces J Term public presentation night (1/15/19)
- Veterans Town Hall/Community Meeting at Dickinson County Court House (1/15/19)
- LRH preparing for anticipated office building construction (1/15/19)
- Okoboji Foundation 2019 grant application available (1/15/19)
- PIONEERS SPLIT HOME DUALSOkoboji wrestlers went 1-1 in a pair of home duals Thursday. The Pioneers defeated Sibley-Ocheyedan, but fell narrowly to Sheldon/South O'Brien on senior night in Milford. "It was our last home event this season and the last time our seniors will wrestle on an Okoboji mat," Okoboji coach Nate Dau said. "The effort was great from all our kids. There were many matches that the fans could get into a lot of action."...
- Fourth-quarter explosion powers Wolves past Mavs
- Wolves fall to Mavs in overtime
- Indians drop home contest to Cherokee
- Indians fall short in battle with No. 4 Cherokee
- No. 12 Pioneers earn road win over Warriors
- Pioneers fall to Warriors in barnburner
- Indians, Pioneers compete at Nighthawk Invite
- Dunn, Rieck cross career milestones at Rock Valley
- Indians suffer first dual meet loss in Estherville
- Wolves drop road contest to South O'Brien
Conflation, confusion and some flip flopsIt's now official. This particular government funding gap has caused the longest continuous shutdown on record. However, this isn't the time to gloat. Not in my opinion anyway. I'm of the opinion...
Changes help clear the roadBig orange snowplows should be easy to see, but in the midst of a winter snowstorm, it can become difficult. The Iowa Department of Transportation continues to make accident prevention while plowing...
Rev. Duane LarsonDec. 14, 1961 — Jan. 12, 2019 Rev. Duane David Larson, 57, of Spirit Lake passed away unexpectedly at his home on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, of a heart attack. Services for Pastor Duane will be held at...
LeRoy LockwoodMay 3, 1923 — Jan. 6, 2019 A memorial service for LeRoy "Butch" Lockwood, age 95, of Spirit Lake, will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019, at United Methodist Church in Spirit Lake....
Lavona HagedornSept. 29, 1937 — Jan. 8, 2019 A memorial service for Lavona (Thackrey) Hagedorn, age 81, was held Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake. Interment was at Memory Gardens...
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips Feb.4th: Overnight Trip Cost $55 per person double occupancy $90 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by January 25th Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on Feb. 5th Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
Farm SuppliesGOT LAND? Our Hunters will Pay Top $$$ to hunt your land. Call for a FREE info packet & quote. 1-866-309-1507 www.BaseCampLeasing.com (INCN)
Farm SuppliesPROTECT AGAINST SOYBEAN WHITE MOLD IN 2019! Ask your soybean dealer for Heads Up Seed Treatment. Local, grower driven data available. www.headsupST.com or 866/368-9306 (INCN)
Misc WantedGUITAR WANTED! Local musician will pay up to $12,500 for pre-1975 Gibson, Fender, Martin and Gretsch guitars. Fender amplifiers also. Call toll free! 1-800-995-1217. (INCN)