Okoboji school narrowly approves OMS purchaseThe Okoboji School District found a buyer for the high-profile middle school property in Arnolds Park. With a 3-2 vote, the Okoboji School Board agreed to sell the land to the Imagine Iowa Great...
High water can't dampen U of O homecomingOfficials at the University of Okoboji have only called off homecoming festivities once since the celebration began in 1978. Heavy rains in 1993 led to high water and the U of O held off events while...
District to consider OMS sale at special meetingThe Okoboji School Board's next regular meeting was scheduled for Aug. 13, but the district will be meeting early Thursday morning to discuss — and potentially approve — a purchase agreement for the...
Pioneer Days parade in MilfordThe marquee event of Pioneer Days in Milford will be the Pioneer Days Parade set to begin at 11 a.m. Saturday, July 28. "As always, the parade promises to be an outstanding event for spectators and...
- Welcome to the 50th Annual Milford Pioneer Days (7/19/18)
- Grassley highlights three factors pulling ag market (7/17/18)
- Ready for ribbons (7/17/18)
- ‘Saving Children, Healing Families’ — Blue Water Bash around the corner (7/17/18)
- Hope Haven to sell Echo Plus building (7/17/18)
- Mexican man sentenced for illegal re-entry (7/17/18)
- Wills selected for leadership program (7/17/18)
- Iowa Lakes students selected for Okoboji Entrepreneurial Institute (7/17/18)
- Adventure camp dates approach (7/17/18)
- Bedell Family YMCA assists with Parkinson’s disease management (7/17/18)
- STILL SWINGINGSeventh-seed Spirit Lake entered the state softball tournament with high hopes. However, the Indians ran into a buzzsaw in returning runner-up Albia in the first round Tuesday, and the Lady Dees showed plenty of 'O'. Albia plated 10 runs in five innings, sending Spirit Lake into the consolation bracket with a 10-0 loss...
- Indians suffer first-round exit from district tourney
- Indians wrap regular season with win over Dutch
- Pioneers' season ends with loss to E-Hawks
- Indians land 1-2 punch in win over Wolverines
- Pioneers drop conference road trip to Sioux Center
- Indians fall to No. 4 Remsen St. Mary's
- Wolves season ends in district tournament
- Martin pitches complete-game shutout for Okoboji
- Spirit Lake baseball falls to West Sioux
What's in a name?There's something important about a byline. It's not about credit, and it's not about notoriaty, but it's important. It's about accountability. It's about credibility. I think it was probably put...
State revenues stronger than expectedThe Legislative Services Agency has released their memo on state revenue collections for the month of June and the end of Fiscal Year 2018. For the month, state revenue came in 9.6 percent higher...
Terry CollinsJune 21, 1953 — July 8, 2018 Terry Collins, 65, of Spirit Lake passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, July 8, 2018, in Spirit Lake. A memorial service will be held at noon Saturday, Aug. 18, at the...
Shirley GouldJune 7, 1933 — June 30, 2018 A service celebrating the life of Mrs. Shirley Gould, 85, of Milford was held Friday, July 6, 2018 at the Faith Community Church in Milford. Shirley Ann Gould was born...
Rocklyn BakerJan. 27, 1958 — July 13, 2018 A memorial gathering was held Tuesday at Henry Olson Funeral Chapel for Rocklyn Eugene Baker. Interment was at St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery in Dell Rapids, South Dakota....
Engagement: Clifford, Sebens plan September wedding (7/17/18)The parents of Lucas Clifford of Lake Park and Karie Sebens of Spencer are pleased to announce their engagement. The groom-to-be is the son of Mark Clifford and Mary Schmidt of Spirit Lake and Gail...
Engagement: Ranum, Prochnow announce July wedding (6/26/18)Nancy and Gary Ranum are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter Amber Ann Ranum to Jeremy RayMond Prochnow, son of Tammy and John Prochnow. Amber graduated from Spirit Lake High School...
Farm SuppliesAGRICULTURAL/FARMINGSERVICES GOT LAND? Our hunters will Pay Top $$$ to hunt your land. Call for a FREE info packet & quote. 1-866-309-1507 www.BaseCampLeasing.com (INCN)
Help WantedCFS, MANKATO, MINNESOTA, seeking qualified CEO. Successful 35 location full service Co-op, grain, agronomy, feed and energy with sales of $560 million. job: https://tinyurl.com/y8rfe9td David.Lemmon@chsinc.com 320-219-0270. (INCN)
Misc WantedGUITAR WANTED! Local musician will pay up to $12,500 for pre-1975 Gibson, Fender, Martin and Gretsch guitars. Fender amplifiers also. Call toll free! 1-800-995-1217. (INCN)
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)