Assuming the worst
Last week the serial anti-Trump letter writer dredged up 10-year-old rumors attacking President Trump's character. It seems that Democrats are the masters of personal attack rather than explaining why his policies are ineffective. If it is difficult to attack the policies, then digging up dirt on the person is the only recourse remaining.
When the 63 million Trump voters supported President Trump, they knew they were not voting for a choir boy. They wanted a level-headed business man that would say what he was thinking, not hide behind some poll results. After three years of experience, Republicans remain 89% committed to President Trump. It has been very refreshing to have a president who says what he means and means what he says.
President Trump's popularity would be higher if the national news media would provide fair and balanced reporting. A recent Gallup poll shows that 90% of the news stories about President Trump are negative. Can you imagine how high President Trump's popularity would be if only 60% of the national new stories about President Trump were negative? In the last month popular support for impeachment has declined while the popularity of President Trump has increased.
If you don't believe that, the vast majority of the national news media about President Trump is negative – just try to find a Trump news story that is positive. Positive news about President Trump is hardly ever reported except in the Wall Street Journal and Fox News. Here are a few of President Trump’s accomplishments. How many of these have you seen or heard reported?
1. Almost 4 million jobs created since the 2016 election.
2. More Americans are employed than ever recorded in our history.
3. There have been more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs created since his election.
4. Manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest rate in more than three decades.
5. Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2%.
6. New unemployment claims have hit a 49-year low.
7. Median household income has hit the highest level ever recorded.
8. African-American, Hispanic and Asian unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
9. Women's unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
10. Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
11. Veterans' unemployment has reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
12. Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
13. 95% of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future — the highest ever.
14. Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history.
Those who cannot see any value in the three years of President Trump's administration are suffering from "Trump Derangement Syndrome."