Minnesota man arrested on drug charges
Authorities say a Minnesota man they took into custody Sunday had psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, cocaine, prescription drugs, methamphetamine and marijuana in his possession.
The Spirit Lake Police Department responded to a call at 4:30 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 11, of a suspicious male in a parked car near the storage units on Hudson Avenue in Spirit Lake.
Police conducted a traffic stop on the white 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. Upon further investigation, the vehicle's driver, 35-year-old Nathan John Planting of Fairmont, Minnesota, was arrested for failure to have a valid drivers license.
Spirit Lake Police K9 "Cairo" was deployed during the investigation and a search warrant was obtained for a storage unit at 1576 Hudson Avenue.
During the execution of the search warrant, numerous controlled substances and items of drug paraphernalia were located in the storage unit. Planting was transported to the Dickinson County jail and booked in on the following charges:
* Possession with intent to deliver LSD, a Class B felony
* Possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine, a Class B felony
* Possession with intent to deliver cocaine, a Class C felony
* Possession with intent to deliver psilocybin mushrooms, a Class C felony
* Possession with intent to deliver marijuana, a Class D felony
* Failure to affix drug tax stamp, a Class D felony
* Prohibited acts, an aggravated misdemeanor
* Unlawful possession of prescription drugs, a serious misdemeanor
* Possession of drug paraphernalia a simple misdemeanor
* Failure to have valid driver's license and no insurance -- simple misdemeanors
The Spirit Lake Police Department was assisted by the Okoboji Police Department.