Two years and counting - Fundraising helps family healThe inscription on a number of stone decorations in the Rakotz family home rings true: "Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our heart forever." The Lake Park family lost...
Supreme Court schedules state's appeal of Christensen rulingThe Iowa Supreme Court set a date and location to hear oral arguments as they decide if a northwest Iowa murder case should return to district court. The high court on Sept. 19 announced plans to...
Judge sends East Loch Estates approval back to square oneDevelopers of the proposed East Loch Estates housing development will have to submit a third application for the project if it is to move forward. Iowa Third District Court Judge Tod Deck made his...
Thursday storm hit some cities harder than othersHigh winds, some hail and at least one tornado combined to make for a turbulent Thursday afternoon in Dickinson County. Fortunately, no injuries were reported to the county emergency management. The...
- Spirit Lake plans homecoming 'Road Trip'
- High speed pursuit ends in restaurant drive-thru
- Recycling Center accepts hazardous materials
- Parties plan local political events
- Car safety seat checks to be held at LRH
- Spirit of Harmony rolls out red carpet
- Fall calendar includes several PLAC events
- Way Station to be consecrated
- Dickinson County Izaak Walton League Receives Grant from the Okoboji Foundation
- Girl Scout Troop aims for Silver Award
- 'BOJI BLOWOUTThe Pioneers gave their faithful fans a reason to continue the homecoming festivities another week, as Okoboji dominated visiting Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn/Remsen-Union 61-7 Monday in Milford. The game was originally slated to be played Friday but, after a Royals student passed away unexpectedly early in the week, the two schools decided to postpone. Okoboji coach Jon Allen credited both schools' administrators for working to make sure the game was played Monday night despite a stormy forecast...
- FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS
- Wolves suffer devastating loss against No. 5 Ar-We-Va
- Indians top Warriors in straight sets
- Indians, Pioneers run well at Chris Smith Invitational
- Pioneers drop home contest to Boyden-Hull
- Wolves win GT/RA volleyball tournament
- Northwest Iowa becomes a sea of Royal blue
- PREP FOOTBALL PREVIEW - WEEK 5
- Indians give No. 3 Wolfpack a first-set scare
- Wolves down South O'Brien in 5 sets
Maybe just use your wordsImagine pulling up for some burgers and fries, when you see guys throwing hands, right in front of your eyes. --- That seems to have happened at McDonald's in Storm Lake, where a beef about rapping...
Ribbon cut on Highway 71 PLAC trailDickinson County Trails Board celebrated the opening of the area's newest trail segment on Sept. 5. The Highway 71 PLAC Trail involved removal and replacement of the existing trail pavement from...
Susan SturiesJune 10, 1932 — Sept. 14, 2018 A memorial service for Susan Sturies, age 86, of Spirit Lake, was held Friday, Sept. 21, 2018 at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake. Burial was at Lakeview...
Scott SchmitzFeb. 12, 1951 — Sept. 21, 2018 Scott C. Schmitz, 67, of Arnolds Park passed away on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018, at Avera McKennan Hospital in Sioux Falls. A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m....
Nancy McMickleJune 13, 1930 — Sept. 20, 2018 Nancy McMickle, 88, passed away Sept. 20, 2018 at Pearl Valley Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center in Lake Park. She was born June 13, 1930, in Los Angeles to Robert...
MiscellaneousTiffany & CO Engagement Ring for sale! This gorgeous ring is a family treasure and has great memories. Seller needs money for a car fix. Silver band, .77 carat, square diamond, color grade H, inscribed with T&Co, size 5.5 (simple to resize). Comes with all papers including T&CO warranty. Valued at $6,650. Please call to make an offer, request more info or a picture - 712.260.9508
MiscellaneousFor Sale: 2015 Spree 35 ft. travel trailer. Outside kitchen. 3 Slides. Theater reclining seats. Fireplace center island. Auto stabilizing jack and tongue. Everything included to start camping. $26,000 OBO. (712)584-6400 or (712)363-0193.
Help WantedFull-Time and Part-Time CDL-A Team Drivers to Haul US Mail from Des Moines. Pays $22.80/hr plus HWP. Call (940) 726-3276 EOE M/W/V/D (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)