DCN finishes fourth in 'Newspaper of the Year' standingsThe Dickinson County News received 35 awards and secured the top spot among the state's weekly newspapers Friday at the Iowa Newspaper Association 2019 Convention and Trade Show. The event was held...
County commits funds in support of MillStone Park grantThe Dickinson County Board of Supervisors voted to provide $10,000 to Milford's proposed MillStone Park project in hopes the community will see even greater funding. A large-scale memorial...
State auditor questions $4.15 M sexual harassment paymentsIowa's State Auditor said taxpayers could be on the hook if the Iowa Finance Authority pays $4.15 million to settle sexual harassment claims against former IFA Executive Director David Jamison as...
DNR seeks public input before hunting season returnsCreatures both furry and feathery are enjoying relative safety during the year's early winter, but soon hunting season will be upon them again. The Iowa Department of Natural Resources would like to...
- Iowa State Patrol plans nicotine enforcement effort (2/12/19)1
- Youth in Philanthropy sees impact of generousity (2/12/19)
- Wills welcomes McKim (2/12/19)
- YMCA of the Okobojis donates to food drive (2/12/19)
- Realtors visit capitol (2/12/19)
- Movie night arrives at Pollinator Paradise (2/12/19)
- Delegation welcomes cattlemen (2/12/19)
- Spirit Lake Music Festival grows in year 2 (2/12/19)
- Whiting welcomes tourism group (2/12/19)
- Road trip continues area arts tradition (2/12/19)
- Spirit Lake sends six to compete at 'The Well'Spirit Lake Park will send a ton of veteran experience to Des Moines this week as six Indians, including five seniors, punched their tickets to the state wrestling tournament. Seniors Kyler Dunn, Joe Waters, Kyler Rieck, Nate Cornwall and Dakoda Powell each qualified for state with top-two finishes at the Class 2A District 7 wrestling tournament held Saturday in Orange City. Freshman Jon Burnette will also join his teammates at Wells Fargo Arena...
- Okoboji's Abrahamson twins qualify for state
- Indians' season ends with overtime loss to Midgets
- No. 10 Pioneers upset by Warriors in first round
- Wolves wrap season with road loss
- No. 12 Pioneers earn overtime win over Wildcats
- Pioneers down Wildcats in Inwood
- Indians snap four-game skid in Cherokee
- Pioneers' hoops season ends at Orange City
- Pioneers upset No. 2 Comets, extend win streak to three
- Titans top Wolves in double overtime
Building a better newspaperAssuming the weather didn't freeze us all where we stood, a number of the faces in your local newsroom will have visited Des Moines to receive their various awards at the Iowa Better Newspaper...
Active week in the senateThe attention of many Iowans was focused on the work being done in the Senate this week. Several key issues being discussed this legislative session began to work their way through the process and...
Ruth HassJuly 28, 1922 — Feb. 8, 2019 A memorial service for Ruth Hass, age 96, of Spirit Lake and formerly of Minneapolis will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019 at the Turner Jenness Funeral Home in...
Keith RickNov. 8, 1935 — Jan. 27, 2019 Keith D. Rick, 83 of Spirit Lake and formerly of Urbana died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, at Accura Health Care of Spirit Lake. Funeral Services were held Friday, Feb. 1, at...
Adam DreeszenJune 4, 1991 — Feb. 5, 2019 Adam Robert Dreeszen, 27, a courageous warrior in his fight against esophageal cancer, lost his battle on Feb. 5, 2019. Visitation was held Monday, Feb. 11 at Immanuel...
Help WantedPERSON(s) interested in mowing for Poland Township Cemetery, Marathon, IA, for 2019 season. Contact Larry Ericson 712-260-3543 or Bruce Stone 712-299-5802.
Farm SuppliesGOT LAND? Our hunters will Pay Top $$$ to hunt your land. Call for a FREE info packet & quote. 1-866-309-1507 www.BaseCampLeasing.com (INCN)
Farm SuppliesPROTECT AGAINST SOYBEAN WHITE MOLD IN 2019! Ask your soybean dealer for Heads Up Seed Treatment. Local, grower driven data available. Www.headsupST.com or 866/368-9306 (INCN)