Gingham Inn changes ownershipTom Naviaux has come full circle. Back in 1996 he and his brother Bill became the owners of a Lakes Region landmark business, the Gingham Inn. The Naviaux brothers together operated the well-known...
Okoboji Middle School students help set Guinness recordA Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) project became the instrument for Okoboji Middle School sixth and seventh grade students to set a Guinness world record. Mary Thunhorst brought the idea...
Christian women’s event coming to ArrowwoodThree well-known area women will bring their humor, inspiration and heart to Okoboji to bring a message of hope, healing and understanding to women interested in cultivating their spiritual lives....
Former Arnolds Park man placed on Florida Sex Offender RegistryThe former Arnolds Park man who was caught in a 2012 child predator sting has been released from a Florida prison. Frederick Joseph Wilson was added to the list of Florida Sexual Offenders and...
- Terril artist to host watercolor workshop
- Estherville Lincoln Central students visit Iowa Lakes for hands-on learning
- Iowa Lakes Regional Water District explores renewable energy (2/19/17)
- Artwork for 'From the Farm to You' calendar sought (2/19/17)
- PLAC presents Royal Opera (2/18/17)
- Bushey visits young students overseas (2/18/17)
- Motorcycle mechanics program among nation's best (2/18/17)
- Ornamental, turfgrass applicators course offered March 1 (2/18/17)
- Iowa Lakes ag graduate steps back into college (2/18/17)1
- Okoboji's Olson competes in Kennedy Center Festival (2/17/17)
- WELL WISHES: Dickinson County sends nine to the "Well" for state wrestling tournamentWells Fargo Arena will be home to nine Dickinson County wrestlers this week, as area athletes look to turn their wishes into reality. The 16,000-seat stadium will be rocking Thursday, Friday and Saturday as Iowa's best chase state championship glory. To get there, though, area wrestlers first needed to get past a brutal slate of match-ups this past weekend at district tournaments in Spencer and Milford...
- Wolves fend off Titans surge to wrap regular season
- Pioneers earn regional tourney win over Generals
- Titans dominate Wolverines, advance in playoffs
- Okoboji boys end season with last-second loss to Midgets
- Stingy defense leads to Titans tourney win
- Mayer signs with St. John's
- Mammoths taken down by Storm
- Late surge lifts Wolves past Mavericks
- Indians down Dutch, advance in postseason
- Fifth-ranked Indians fall to Sioux City West
- Pioneers split with Mustangs
- Wolves drop road trip to Hawks
Wanda JacobsonDec. 30, 1928 - Feb. 7, 2017 Wanda J. Jacobson, 88, of Humboldt, passed away Feb. 7, 2017 at the Humboldt County Memorial Hospital. Funeral services took place on Friday, Feb. 10 at the Zion Lutheran...
Viola Gay SpurlockJune 16, 1921 - Feb. 8, 2017 Viola Gay Spurlock, 95, of Okoboji passed away on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017 at Lakes Regional Health Care in Spirit Lake. Memorial services for Gay will be held at 11 a.m....
Joy JanachovskyOct. 3, 1958 - Feb. 7, 2017 Joy Janachovsky, 58, of Spirit Lake, formerly of Lucan, Minnesota, passed away on Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017, at Lakes Regional Hospital in Spirit Lake. Mass of Christian...
Engagement: Stover, De Cook announce engagement (2/8/17)Jon and Amy Stover of Spirit Lake announce the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, Emily Ann, to Brandon Duane De Cook, son of Mike and Robin De Cook of Pleasantville. The couple...
Wedding: Wangler, Wicks exchange vows (1/25/17)Jaclyn Wangler and Matthew Wicks were united in marriage on Oct. 22, 2016, in Milford. Parents of the couple are Rex and Susan Wangler of Spirit Lake, formerly of Parkersburg, and Steve and Mavis...
LotsAcreage For Sale: 4.5 acres located at 1550 Hwy 18, Everly (3 miles east of Barb's Corner). 6 buildings, excellent location for storage business or to build a home. For info call (712)260-9458.
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits! Potential of $60,000 plus per year! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 www.qlf.com (INCN)
Help WantedBusy medical office looking for a positive, self-motivated Certified Medical Assistant/LPN. Must be willing to travel to satellite locations. Medical office experience preferred. Full & part time positions available. Full benefit package. firstname.lastname@example.org
MiscellaneousIF YOU HAD HIP OR KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY AND SUFFERED AN INFECTION between 2010 and the present time, you may be entitled to compensation. Call Attorney Charles H Johnson 1-800-535-5727 (INCN)
Legals - Week of 2.15.17 (2/14/17)NOTICE OF DISPOSITION TO: January Carpenter 912 Okoboji Ave Milford, IA 51351 Unit #628 Located at: 2612 Q Avenue, Milford, IA 51351 TO: Mike Hansen PO Box 158 Arnolds Park, IA 51331 Unit #631 Located at: 2612 Q Avenue, Milford, IA 51351 Please be advised that fifteen (15) days from this date, at 9:00 am...