Sidles changes plea, will be sentenced on lesser chargesA Spirit Lake man who was charged with attempted murder will spend a year at the Dickinson County Jail for shooting in the direction of a neighbor and causing a gunshot wound. Scott Sidles on...
Vehicle pursuit ends in fatalityWhat began as a traffic stop resulted in the death of an undisclosed driver early Tuesday morning. A Spirit Lake Police officer attempted to pull the driver of a 2004 Ford F-150 pickup over at...
Sidles case sees another delayThe courtroom set aside for Tuesday’s attempted murder trial in Dickinson County went unused — and attorneys are talking about the possibility of cancelling the need for a jury to hear the Scott...
Process continues for Chalstrom Beach development planThe phrase “come to the meeting” has been uttered by county officials and people on both sides of a potential development near Chalstrom Beach Plantation in Center Grove Township. The Dickinson...
- Northwest Iowa music lovers taking part in vinyl resurgence (9/19/17)
- New book touts the ‘special’ in the Iowa Great Lakes Area (9/19/17)
- Milford to give GrapeTree parking (9/19/17)
- Harris-Lake Park prepares for homecoming week (9/19/17)
- Spirit Lake announces homecoming royalty (9/19/17)
- Pioneers select 12 to homecoming court (9/19/17)
- Johnson visits Bedell Family YMCA (9/19/17)
- Sether helps restore power in Irma’s aftermath (9/19/17)
- IDNR plans curlyleaf summit at Sami Center (9/19/17)
- Okoboji Foundation announces fall programming (9/19/17)
- Indians upended by Tigers
- Pioneers come up short in loss to Generals
- Wolves survive five-set battle with South O'Brien
- HOMECOMING PREVIEW - Week 5
- Wolves win GT/RA volleyball tourney
- Tigers 6th at Winkler Invite
- Indians, Pioneers run at Chris Smith Invite
- Pioneers fall to Boyden-Hull
- Wolves fall to Jays in WEC battle
- Iowa Lakes Athletics Hall of Fame accepting nominations for class of 2018
The Spirit of RadioWhile the hurricanes in the Gulf Coast are winding down, my hackles are raising over a few comments made by the boisterous radio personality Rush Limbaugh (don’t take that to be an effort by your...
Let us help, in case you (R) confusedWe hope you don't mind, but we'd like to reverse trends a bit and bring a little of the social media dialogue we see on Facebook back to the old-fashioned, black-and-white newspaper opinion page....
Stuart KruseOct. 24 1962 — Sept. 12, 2017 A celebration of life was held for 54-year-old Stuart Kruse of Royal at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017, in the Warner Chapel in Spencer. Greg Jorgensen officiated the...
Melinda PetersonOct, 10, 1961 — Sept. 13, 2017 Services were held Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, at Warner Chapel in Spencer for Melinda Petersen, age 55, of Bloomington, Minnesota and formerly of Spencer. Rev. Tonna...
Gary BeattyJan. 4, 1943 - Sept. 6, 2017 A visitation for Gary Beatty, 74 of Ruthven and formerly of Hartley was held Sunday, Sept. 10, 2017 at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Gary Lester Beatty was born...
Wedding: Ilse, Shaffer exchange vows (9/12/17)Amanda Ilse and Andy Shaffer were married June 24, 2017, at Lifegate Church in Omaha, Nebraska. A reception followed at the Paxton Ballroom. Parents of the bride are Brett and Nancy Thacker of Sioux...
Engagement: May wedding planned for Sandy, Vancura (9/5/17)Mr. And Mrs. John Sandy of Spirit Lake are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Jessica Sandy, to Darick Vancura, son of Mr. and Mrs. David Vancura of Lakefield, Minnesota. Ms....
ServicesV&T Bus Tours Bus Trip to Jackpot Junction Monday, Oct. 2 Day trip: Leave Spencer at 8:30a.m. Milford at 9:00a.m. Spirit Lake at 9:30a.m. Cost is $15.00 You receive $15 in free play. Call Vickie at 712-338-2316 or Terry at 712-240-9089.
RentalsTwo bedroom apartment for rent in a well established neighborhood. Close to downtown Spirit Lake. Great place to live! No pets, no smoking. References required. $650.00. Call Jay at 712-330-2555.
Situations WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Situations WantedRECRUIT an applicant in this paper, plus over200 other papers throughout Iowa for $300 per week. Includes 25 words and runs in all the newspapers at one time! Call this newspaper or 800-227-7636. (INCN)
Legals - Week of 9.20.17 (9/19/17)SALE OF PERSONAL PROPERTY FROM SELF STORAGE UNIT Landlord, Smith StoneWorks, LLC, will be selling/disposing personal property including goods, merchandise, household, and other items currently stored and located at 17th St. & N- Ave and 10th St. and Q- Ave, Milford, Dickinson County, Iowa...
Latest State & Nation News