#CrewstrongA little more than two weeks ago, Austin Crew was celebrating being named Spencer High School homecoming king and a huge victory on Dale Norton Field against Sioux City Heelan. Friday night, he was...
Spirit Lake Police station expects alterationThere will likely be some noise coming from the Spirit Lake Police Station in the near future. But rather than the sound of sirens, the public may hear the sound of hammers and drills. The city of...
Spirit Lake attempted murder trial delayedAn attempted murder trial originally scheduled for Nov. 7 in Dickinson County has been delayed. District Court Judge Nancy Whittenburg on Friday signed an order to delay the Nicholas Thompson case....
Spencer woman’s court process sees another delayA Spencer woman accused of burglary and kidnapping in Wahpeton won’t stand trial until at least the end of 2017. Jordaen Duhn has seen her pretrial conference dates changed three times since she...
- Local businessman’s abuse trial sees a delay (10/17/17)
- County home may become county park (10/17/17)
- County considers gun range near gravel pit (10/17/17)
- U.S. Powertrain hosts community event (10/17/17)
- State officials promote safe driving (10/17/17)
- Seasons Center receives regional grant (10/17/17)
- Previous week’s wet conditions put harvest behind schedule (10/17/17)
- Spirit of Harmony brings color to Fall Show (10/17/17)
- ‘Loving Vincent’ paints van Gogh’s story (10/17/17)
- Nature Center recommends fall seeding (10/17/17)
- Wolves outgunned in loss to Titans
- Pioneers roll the dice in loss to Warriors
- Wolves wrap conference slate with pair of wins
- Pioneers' season ends with first-round loss to North Union
- PREP FOOTBALL PREVIEW - Week 9
- Pioneers lose to Central Lyon in conference finale
- Wolves run at Orange City
- Indians go 4-1 at Storm Lake volleyball tourney
- Swimmers fifth at Lewis Central
- Four Indians earn All-Conference honors at Spencer
Q & A; Renewable FuelsQ: What’s at stake with proposed regulations that would reduce the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) for 2018 and 2019? A: Congress enacted the RFS and other policies to boost U.S. energy security and...
The secret life of pet scamsWhen a furry, four-legged family member goes missing, we’re often willing to do almost anything to get our beloved pet back. While owners of missing pets have long posted “missing pet” flyers around...
Jerry HarmsApril 9, 1948 — Oct. 5, 2017 A Celebration of Life Gathering for Jerry Harms, 69, of Lake Park, was held Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Lake Park. There was a Military...
Leroy WintzOct. 2, 1965 — Sept. 28, 2017 A Mass of Christian Burial for Leroy Wintz, age 82, of Milford, was held Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Milford. Burial was at Calvary Cemetery...
Joy AustadOct. 19, 1946 — Oct. 2, 2017 Funeral services were held Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017, at United Methodist Church in Fostoria for Joy Marie Austad. The Rev. Bud Watts presided. Interment will take place at a...
Engagement: Stroh, Messerole to wed (10/3/17)Mr. and Mrs. Jay Stroh of Underwood, Minnesota, and Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Messerole of Spirit Lake are pleased to announce the upcoming marriage of their children Megan Stroh and Jordan Messerole. An...
Wedding: Borkowski, Cauthron wed in Everly (10/3/17)Rebecca Borkowski and Hunter Cauthron were united in marriage May 13, 2017, at United Methodist Church, Everly, with Pastor Michael Eeten officiating. Rebecca is the daughter of Jill Borkowski and...
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips Nov. 6 : Overnight Trip Cost $40 per person double occupancy $75 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by Nov. 28 Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on Nov. 7 Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
RentalsFor Rent: Jackson, 1 bedroom apartment. $400/month includes all utilities. No Pets. Call Dennis 210-413-1010
Help WantedHelp Wanted : Vaughn DeLoss Construction is taking applications for full and part time equipment operating and construction labor. Equipment operating and concrete finishing experience preferred. Truck driving or mechanic experience helpful. Must have a drivers license and be dependable (712)260-1129 EEO
ServicesSR22 Filings. ?Auto Rates High? Call Spencer Insurance Services for a comparison of over 12 companies. 712-262-8000, Ext.1 or 800-728-9157, Ext. 1.
Legals - Week of 10.18.17 (10/17/17)IN THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT OF DICKINSON COUNTY Ditech Financial LLC fka Green Tree Servicing LLC Plaintiff, vs. Parties in Possession; Stanley Lowe; Steven Lowe; Bridget Knudson; Brenda Harrold; Estate of Stevan Allen Lowe; Discover Bank; All Unknown Heirs, Devisees, or Claimants with an interest in Property of Linda M. ...
Latest State & Nation News