Thee resigns from Iowa Great Lakes ChamberIowa Great Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce officials on Tuesday confirmed the upcoming departure of the organization's president and CEO. “He turned in his resignation Friday," Okoboji Tourism...
Sign, sign everywhere a signSome foam board, a permanent marker and Donald Trump's 2016 victory recently brought a 2000 Spirit Lake graduate some extra attention. Kristin Garvey mixed personal beliefs and politics to create a...
Weapons threat leads to charges in Spirit LakeA 23-year-old Spencer man faces a series of charges following a brief standoff with authorities in Spirit Lake. Chase Douglas Peterson is scheduled to make his initial appearance at 4 p.m. Thursday,...
Meysenburg enters 'not guilty' plea, trial date setThe court process continues for a Spencer man who faces kidnapping and robbery charges in Dickinson County. Tanner Meysenburg on Thursday entered pleas of "not guilty" to charges of first-degree...
- 'Diminished responsibility' defense planned in Barb's Corner robbery case (3/21/17)
- Registration opens for 35th Annual Walleye Weekend (3/21/17)
- Native planting program planned (3/21/17)
- Fourth of July weekend campsite reservations open soon (3/21/17)
- Water Works lawsuit dismissed (3/21/17)
- LRH creates $19 million in economic impact (3/21/17)
- International student outreach program meeting planned (3/21/17)
- Grassley Named YMCA 'Congressional Champion' (3/21/17)
- OPERA Iowa to return to Lakes region (3/21/17)
- Okoboji High School National Honor Society Welcomes New Members (3/21/17)
- Area hoops stars compete at Dordt College
- Trio of Lakers selected to All-Region teams
- Mitchell joins DMACC teammates on All-Region teams
- Spirit Lake Park girls start season at Lakes Conference indoor
- Titans run at Ames
- Lakers finish week with pair of wins
- Lakers rallies fall short
- Area boys earn postseason accolades
- Lakers' season ends in second round
- Lakers fall to DMACC in hard-fought battle
- Bedell Barracudas swim at state
- Morrow named to All-IIAC First Team
Time doesn't change, only our clocksI don't know about you but the older I get (yes, I am 'old') the harder it is for my body to adjust to the time changes twice a year. We are now in daylight savings time. In my opinion, this is one...
Iowa Nice!Indivisible, with liberty and justice for all! There are times in one’s life where we must consider the finer points in life. These seven words weigh heavily on me after another week of disruptive...
D. Carlton ShullD. Carlton Shull, 92, of Greeley, Colorado, passed away Sunday, March 12, 2017, at Meadow View Assisted Living. He was born Jan. 9, 1925 in Sioux City to Deloss Perkins and Marguerite Clare (Knapp)...
Irma VeitIrma Veit, age 96, of Fonda passed away peacefully in her home on Wednesday, March 8, 2017. Irma Mae (Rush) Veit was born June 23, 1920, on a farm north of Lake Park. She was the first of seven...
Joan ThonA memorial service for Joan Thon, age 85, of Arnolds Park, was held Saturday, March 11, 2017 at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Joan Marlyn Thon was born on Nov. 4, 1931, at home in...
Rohde Custom Concrete EdgingCall for a free estimate to beautify your landscape! Custom concrete edging is economical and durable, does not decompose, and is cost-effective and low maintenance. Ask about out our different styles and colors and the ability to add lighting...
ServicesV&T Bus Tours Bus Trip to Jackpot Junction Monday, April 3 Day trip: Leave Spencer at 8:30a.m. Milford at 9:00a.m. Spirit Lake at 9:30a.m. Cost is $15.00 You receive $15 in free play. Call Vickie at 712-338-2316 or Terry at 712-240-9089.
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits! Potential of $60,000 plus per year! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 www.qlf.com (INCN)
Help WantedPart-time ESL Instructor Part-time position, up to 18 hours per week depending on applicant availability. Bachelor's degree required. Experience or degree in education preferred. Locations may vary. For more information contact Sarah Breems-Diekevers, Adult Literacy Coordinator, at Northwest Iowa Community College, 712-324-5061, ext. 137, or 800-352-4907. AA/EOE
Legals - Week of 3.22.17 (3/21/17)IN THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT OF DICKINSON COUNTY Ditech Financial LLC fka Green Tree Servicing LLC Plaintiff, vs. Parties in Possession; Stanley Lowe; Steven Lowe; Bridget Knudson; Brenda Harrold; Estate of Stevan Allen Lowe; Discover Bank; All Unknown Heirs, Devisees, or Claimants with an interest in Property of Linda M. ...