Milford man sentenced to federal prisonA Milford man who was accused of using a pickaxe during an assault has been sentenced to federal prison. The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Iowa accepted a guilty plea from...
Marble Beach littering mystery has surprise twistDNR officials were surprised the night of Wednesday, May 10, when they found a small pile of material on the south side of the Marble Beach State Park campground. They became more alarmed Thursday...
Fire destroys Town & Country Disposal building in FostoriaFire departments from Fostoria and Spencer were called at about 10 p.m. Monday night to a large fire that engulfed a building owned by Town & Country Disposal. The garbage collection company located...
In case of emergencyThe past weekend’s weather was ideal for biking, boating and any other quintessential summertime activity. But, on the green grass of Camp Okoboji in Milford, officials with the Iowa Department of...
- Harris-Lake Park All-Academic Students Announced (5/16/17)
- Okoboji All-Academic Students Announced (5/16/17)
- Spirit Lake All-Academic Students Announced (5/16/17)
- Graettinger-Terril All-Academic Students Announced (5/16/17)
- Area students touch science (5/16/17)
- Heat burst damages western Dickinson County (5/16/17)
- Possible injuries in highway tractor collision (5/16/17)
- Three charged after search warrant reveals drugs (5/16/17)
- Autumn’s Center serves 1,000th child (5/16/17)
- Dickinson County Conversation Board recognized for contributions to Iowa’s $8.06 billion tourism industry (5/16/17)
- ON 2 STATEDickinson County will be well represented at the 2017 Iowa High School State Track and Field Championships, as Lakes Area athletes will compete in 27 events at Drake University's famed "Blue Oval" in Des Moines later this week. Athletes from Spirit Lake, Okoboji, Harris-Lake Park and Graettinger-Terril/Ruthven-Ayrshire earned 18 automatic bids at state qualifying track meets held Thursday, including 10 championships, and earned nine additional spots with qualifying times or distances...
- ONE WIN AWAY
- Pioneers host sectional golf tournament
- Indians drop 1-0 battle with Dutch
- Area athletes recognized by Gov. Branstad for academic excellence
- Indians win comes at a high price
- SLP-O boys edge Wolfpack for win
- Indians win regional golf tourney
- Okoboji's Hannah Butler advances to regional golf final
- SL-O boys fall to Spencer in preliminary substate showdown
- Harris-Lake Park girls golf ends season at regional tourney
- Pioneer boys golf wraps regular season at Central Lyon meet
- Titans girls golf wraps season at regional tourney
Recapping the sessionWith the close of the legislative session, many are tallying the statistics of this session. In the 104 days of the legislative session, there were 174 bills enrolled. While this may seem like a lot...
I’m not an IowanActually I am an Iowan — born and raised. Don’t worry. You’ll see where I’m going. This past weekend, my wife and I traveled to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, to see a stage show at the Washington...
Dennis KarlJan. 22, 1941 – May 8, 2017 Dennis Eugene Karl, age 76, of Marshalltown passed away on Monday, May 8, at the Iowa Veteran’s Home in Marshalltown. He was born on Jan. 22, 1941 in Sioux Rapids to...
Evonne SwansonJan. 17, 1933 – Feb. 7, 2017 There will be a Memorial Service for Evonne Swanson, 84, of Fergus Falls, Minnesota and formerly of Spirit Lake at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 20, at Immanuel Lutheran Church in...
Sharon CusickJuly 28, 1939 – May 8, 2017 A funeral service for Sharon Cusick, 77, of Spirit Lake, was held Saturday, May 13, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake. Interment was Monday, May 15, at...
Help WantedLooking for 2 temporary CDL drivers Start immediately Run from Luverne, MN to Spirit Lake, IA Call John 507-829-5500
MiscellaneousFor Sale Boat Hoist, 10,000 pound cap., hydraulic 32ft canopy. Call 712-320-4148
Garage SalesHousehold garage sale, Memorial Weekend, 607 10th Street, Spirit Lake, IA. Furniture, household items, tools, and many other items. Call 336-0956.
Help WantedHeartland Area Education Agency has a year-round Regional Administrative Assistant position available immediately based in our Carroll office. More information and to apply: www.heartlandaea.org (INCN)
Legals - Week of 5.17.17 (5/16/17)THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT DICKINSON COUNTY IN THE MATTER OF THE ESTATE OF JERROLD WELLE, Deceased. CASE NO. ESPR014339 NOTICE OF PROBATE OF WILL, OF APPOINTMENT OF EXECUTOR, AND NOTICE TO CREDITORS To All Persons Interested in the Estate of Jerrold Welle, deceased, who died on or about April 16, 2017:...