Milford City Council accepts police chief’s resignationOne of the area’s most established law enforcement officers is stepping down. The Milford City Council on Monday accepted the resignation of their chief of police. Vernon Flack will bring 34 years of...
SLHS grads full of smilesOutside, the rain clouds were growing dark grey, but it was all black and red inside Spirt Lake High School Sunday afternoon. The graduates — 110 in all — crossed the stage and received their...
OHS seniors get their diplomasFifty-four Okoboji High School seniors became members of the Class of 2017 when they received diplomas Sunday in Milford. The ceremony began with a processional and the welcoming address from OHS...
Local food scene keeps on truckin’Food trucks have been a mainstay in metropolitan communities for years, but the four-wheels-with-food approach is starting to find a foothold in the Iowa Great Lakes. Two trucks, named Fare You Well...
- Mandelkow charges amended as trial date approaches (5/23/17)
- State’s new fireworks law sparks local discussion (5/23/17)
- Big bands return for summer season (5/23/17)
- Lakes Region services offer a change of pace (5/23/17)
- Area antique shows, flea markets ready to return (5/23/17)
- Pausing to remember (5/23/17)
- Iowa Lakes students selected for OEI (5/23/17)
- High winds damage new beef technology facility (5/23/17)
- Farmers lose much of the week due to rainfall (5/23/17)
- State Patrol to increase enforcement over Memorial Day weekend (5/23/17)
- SL-O girls advance to state play with win over Braves
- Spirit Lake girls send one to state golf meet
- Pioneers open season with dramatic home win
- Christensen pitches Indians to shutout win in season opener
- Bueltel, Thorn qualify for state doubles tourney
- Butler clinches return trip to state golf tourney
- Indians cap soccer regular season with win over Dutch
- Iowa Lakes to host youth basketball camp
- Lauryn Smith signs with Augusta University
- Simms to play basketball at Iowa Lakes
- ON 2 STATE
- ONE WIN AWAY
Seat belt myth-bustingFrom May 22 to June 4, state and local law enforcement agencies across the nation, as well as Iowa, will be stepping up seat belt enforcement. Memorial Day weekend kicks off the busy summer season...
Freeze FrameIt’s graduation season, or rather it was graduation season. Cameras were flashing, or rather phones were flashing. Man, me and my big, old camera lens are starting to stick out more and more when I...
Vance PetersonAug. 27, 1993 – May 12, 2017 A funeral service celebrating the life of Vance Logan Peterson, age 23, of Milford was held Thursday, May 18 at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Vance Logan...
Rogene HergenriderDec. 9, 1949 - May 19, 2017 Rogene Hergenrider was born Dec. 9, 1949, on her family farm near Spirit Lake. She passed away on May 19, 2017, at her home in Bridger, Montana. Rogene was the third of...
Bonnie WunderMay 16, 1927 – May 15, 2017 A memorial service for Bonnie Wunder, 89, of Lake Park, was held Saturday, May 20, at First Presbyterian Church in Lake Park. Interment was at Silver Lake Cemetery in Lake...
ServicesV&T Bus Tours Bus Trip to Jackpot Junction Monday, June 5 Day trip: Leave Spencer at 8:30a.m. Milford at 9:00a.m. Spirit Lake at 9:30a.m. Cost is $15.00 You receive $15 in free play. Call Vickie at 712-338-2316 or Terry at 712-240-9089.
MiscellaneousFor Sale: 8 jet skis: 4 Yamaha at $900 each; 90,91,92,94. 2 are 3 passenger with reverse. Also, 2005, 2006 Yamaha 4-stroke $4,000 each. 2- 97 Sea Doos $1,600 each. All run great and in excellent condition. Located 1/4 mile west of Parks Marina on East Lake. Call Bob, (515)491-9818.
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits! Potential of $60,000 plus per year! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
MiscellaneousFREON R12 WANTED: We PICK UP and pay CA$H for R12. Cylinders or case of cans. EPA certified. (312) 291-9169; email@example.com (INCN)
Legals - Week of 5.17.17 (5/16/17)THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT DICKINSON COUNTY IN THE MATTER OF THE ESTATE OF JERROLD WELLE, Deceased. CASE NO. ESPR014339 NOTICE OF PROBATE OF WILL, OF APPOINTMENT OF EXECUTOR, AND NOTICE TO CREDITORS To All Persons Interested in the Estate of Jerrold Welle, deceased, who died on or about April 16, 2017:...