Community breaks ground for Okoboji Middle SchoolFriday was a special day, according to Okoboji School Superintendent Todd Abrahamson. He, district administrators, staff and community members crossed the district high school's parking lot to...
High profile kidnapping case returns to Spirit LakeNew trial dates — two of them — have been set for an Ackley man accused of confining his son in darkness, terrorizing him about dogs, withholding food and toilet use, injuring him and forcing him to...
Legislators hope for Chinese ag deal during wet Iowa spring"Well, if you want to buy things in China, it's going to cost more in a month," U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley said, during a press update Monday afternoon. Trade negotiations surrounding U.S. and...
Dickinson County remains among top areas for growthDickinson County remains in position to show growth when census employees do their official count in 2020. The State Data Center in Iowa released its county estimates on April 18. Dickinson County...
- Spirit Lake Chamber helps Midwest Modern settle in (5/14/19)
- Milford Commercial Club welcomes Stan's Bait and Tackle (5/14/19)
- Kiwanis welcomes seven members (5/14/19)
- Brian Scott graduates from the Management Internship Program (5/14/19)
- Cornbelt Chorus receives regional honor (5/14/19)
- Milford Library News (5/14/19)
- Northwest Bank celebrates Financial Literacy Month (5/14/19)
- YIP sets fundraising record (5/14/19)
- OES students earn trip to Des Moines (5/14/19)
- Spirit Lake students create Red Sand Project (5/14/19)
- Spirit Lake boys send 7 to state meetSpirit Lake will send seven events to Des Moines this week after a solid performance at the Class 2A state qualifying track meet hosted by OABCIG. The Indians earned a trio of automatic bids at the meet and tacked on four more at-large bids. Speedster Joe Stein punched his ticket with a pair of wins in the 100- and 200-meter dash events...
- Pioneers send 11 events to state
- Spirit Lake Park girls qualify 3 events
- Tapia qualifies for state track meet
- SL-O girls fall in first round of regional tourney
- Spirit Lake boys golf advances in postseason
- Barba and Evans tabbed Lakes Conference Tennis POY
- Okoboji girls clinch Siouxland Conference championship
- Okoboji boys golf places 5th
- Okoboji girls win at Orange City
- Spirit Lake boys golf defeats ELC
Hemp legislationOn Tuesday, April 23, the House passed Senate File 599 by a bi-partisan 95 "aye" to 3 "nay" vote. It had previously passed the Senate 49-1. SF 599 provides the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land...
The days before adjournmentDuring the 15th week of the legislative session, we continued our work toward adjournment for the year. We spent much of our time waiting for bills to come to us from the other chamber, waiting on...
Scott McConnellOct. 1, 1960 — May 7, 2019 Scott McConnell, 58, of Spirit Lake passed away on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, at Lakes Regional Healthcare in Spirit Lake. Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Monday, May...
Patricia Ann ZweibahmerMay 15, 1950 — May 3, 2019 A funeral service for Patricia Ann Zweibahmer, 68, of Spirit Lake, was held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Milford. Burial was at Calvary...
Mark NicolOct. 20, 1947 — April 30, 2019 A memorial service for Mark Nicol, age 71, of Milford, was held Saturday, May 11, 2019, at Excelsior Methodist Church. Burial was at Excelsior Township Cemetery. Mark...
Real EstateNew House for Sale: 2108 22nd Ave. W, Spencer. 5BR, 3.5BA, custom built cabinets, open living space and finished basement. 712-240-7163.
Farm SuppliesSEED TREATMENT for soybean White Mold and SDS! Ask your seed dealer for Heads Up Seed Treatment. Local data available. Cost effective. www.headsupST.com or 866/368-9306 (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Pneumatic/Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
MiscellaneousFor Sale: CASE IH RMX 370 Disc, 25ft. hydraulic level with a spike toothed drag. Also, Westfield Auger, 71ft. hydraulic swing hopper with hydraulic lift. Both are in excellent condition. Call (712) 335-5699 or (515) 890-1951.