Community garden brings area residents togetherAn upcoming meeting will help area residents who want to “squash” boredom or “turnip” a new excuse to get outside. Dickinson County Community Garden organizers have scheduled a kick-off event from...
Weaver: Psychic internet work isn’t the issueCongressional candidate Kim Weaver says that a few people have suggested to her that she should drop out of the race after a mysterious package was sent to media detailing her past work with an...
Foosball Shaw returns victoriousSpirit Lake graduate Justin Shaw boarded a plane earlier this month for Hamburg, Germany with aspirations of earning a gold medal in the 2017 International Table Soccer Federation World Cup. Shaw and...
Judge approves delay for Spirit Lake attempted murder trialDistrict Court Judge Carl Petersen on Tuesday agreed to delay the trial for a Spirit Lake man charged with attempted murder. Lakes attorney Jack Bjornstad asked for a delay on behalf of Scott Sidles,...
- Wahpeton kidnapping trial sees another delay (4/25/17)
- Opposition greets manure management plan near Terril (4/25/17)
- Students, volunteers to plant trees along local trails (4/25/17)
- Wet conditions set planting behind schedule (4/25/17)
- Photographers program announced (4/25/17)
- Webb booked for Sami Center (4/25/17)
- Birding on the Green planned at Brooks (4/25/17)
- Camping season arrives in the Iowa Great Lakes (4/25/17)1
- SLMS students participate in honor choir (4/25/17)
- Okoboji Elementary hosts T-shirt contest for outdoor classroom (4/25/17)
- BRAVES BLANKEDThe Spirit Lake-Okoboji boys tennis team earned a dominant win over Cherokee on Thursday to improve to 3-0 on the season, sweeping the Braves 9-0 at Speier Park. "I was very pleased to see the momentum we have developed the past couple of meets continue into this matchup against Cherokee," SL-O coach Dan Taylor said. ...
- Indians win Iowa Great Lakes Invite
- Pioneers place third at Spencer Girls Invite
- Indians split links battles with Warriors
- Wolves golfers split with Wolverines
- Spirit Lake girls golf wins at Estherville
- SL-O girls tennis dominates Spencer
- SL-O boys suffer first loss of the season
- Indians, Titans run at North Union
- Titans golfers split home meet with St. Mary's
- GROSS SIGNS WITH NORTHWESTERN
- SL-O girls tested at Cherokee
- Titans run at Lady Bison Relays
Stop all the dancingTake a deep breath until your stomach puffs out. Now imagine you swallowed a handful of gravel. Now pretend you’re trying to cough that gravel back up. That noise you’re making is how I feel when I...
Who guards the guardians?A late-October visit to Milton Cycle in Fostoria included a few vintage motorcycles and a classic misconception. U.S. Rep. Steve King was in a room where bikes outnumbered constituents by a 10-to-1...
Merle “Doc” Lee PedleyFeb. 10, 1929 – April 16, 2017 Merle “Doc” Lee Pedley died surrounded by family in the Sanford Worthington Medical Center in Worthington, Minnesota on April 16, 2017 at the age of 88 years. Rev....
Mary BuckinghamApril 15, 1929 – April 21, 2017 Mary Irene Buckingham, 88, passed away peacefully with her family by her side on Friday, April 21, 2017, at her home in Okoboji. Mary was born on April 15, 1929, to...
Lester SniderApril 11, 1919 – April 19, 2017 Lester Snider, 98, passed away April 19, 2017, in Spirit Lake. He was born on April 11, 1919, in May City, Iowa. He was a member of the “Greatest Generation” and...
Drivers NeededKato Cab, a premier cab service since 1961, is currently seeking drivers to service the Boji/Lakes area. Qualified candidates should have excellent customer service skills, be dependable, and ambitious. Interested applicants may come to the...
Recreation VehiclesFor Sale: 2011 Harley Davidson Dyno Wide Glide, $8,500. Call or text Austin for more information. (712)363-1418
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits! Potential of $60,000 plus per year! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 www.qlf.com (INCN)
MiscellaneousFREON R12 WANTED: We PICK UP and pay CA$H for R12. Cylinders or case of cans. EPA certified. (312) 291-9169; firstname.lastname@example.org (INCN)
Legals - Week of 4.26.17 (4/25/17)IN THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT FOR DICKINSON COUNTY NATIONSTAR MORTGAGE LLC, Plaintiff, vs. EDWARD J. LOCK, SPOUSE OF EDWARD J. LOCK, SHANE LOCK, VICKI LOCK, CAPITAL ONE BANK USA NA, COMFORTEC HEATING COOLING & PLUMBING INC., AAA COLLECTIONS INC., IOWA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE,...
Latest State & Nation News