The Black V benefits J-term Haiti missionBoth adults and students laughed to a myriad of hijinks of a comedy improv group whose members traveled more than 70 miles Friday night to perform at the Sami Center in Spirit Lake. The Black V...
Former Spencer pastor released from prisonFormer Spencer pastor Kevin Grimes was granted an early release and left the Newton Correctional Facility on Monday morning, according to records officials at the Iowa Department of Corrections....
Cruz admits delaying Northey’s nomination processU.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Tuesday acknowledged responsibility for holding up Bill Northey’s nomination for a key post at the USDA. Iowa’s statewide officials on Thursday praised Northey, a Spirit Lake...
County gives final approval for IGL tower shareThe final nuts and bolts have been tightened on a somewhat controversial agreement between the county and IGL Teleconnect. The Dickinson County Board of Supervisors approved an agreement on Tuesday...
- Spirit Lake Library News (11/21/17)
- Winter Games apparel arrives (11/21/17)
- Pollinator Paradise begins to bud (11/21/17)
- Tickets on sale for annual car drop (11/21/17)
- ‘White Christmas’ comes to northwest Iowa (11/21/17)
- Endowment Fund grants $10,000 to Pollinator Paradise (11/21/17)
- Iowa Lakes Corridor announces 2017 business award winners (11/21/17)
- Annual candlelight memorial service honors loved ones (11/21/17)
- Short film to be shown in Lake Park (11/21/17)
- Youth in Philanthropy sets $40,000 goal (11/21/17)
- Second-quarter slump costs No. 13 Pioneers
- Former Spirit Lake teammates help Red Raiders to playoff win
- Laker men extend win streak to 6 games
- Laker women drop 2 straight
- Wassink earns player of the week honors
- Laker wrestlers impress to start season
- FROM DINGERS TO DINGHYS
- Laker men's hoops wins three straight
- Iowa Lakes women's basketball goes 1-2 to start the year
- Laker wrestling prepares for upcoming season
Trail TalkQuinn Dodds with Milford Boy Scout Troop #170 spent Saturday, Nov. 3, installing E-911 signs along the West Okoboji Trail. The project is part of the work he is doing to earn his Eagle Scout rank....
Seat belts save lives — Fasten yours!Thanksgiving is a time when families and friends gather to share a meal and connect; it is also one of the busiest travel weekend of the year. Don’t let your Thanksgiving end in tragedy. Year after...
Francis PetskaDec. 1, 1963 — Nov. 7, 2017 Francis Koenig Petska, 53, of Milford passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017 in Milford. A celebration of life was held Saturday, Nov. 18, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in...
Gloria ChristensonAug. 15, 1949 — Nov. 15, 2017 A Celebration of Life Gathering for Gloria Christenson, 68, of Lake Park was held Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017 at First Presbyterian Church in Lake Park. Gloria S....
Hans ‘Fred’ ArndtDec. 4, 1944 —Nov. 16, 2017 A memorial service for Fred Arndt, 72, of Milford was held Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at New Journey Community Church in Milford. Hans "Fred" Arndt was born in Sac City on...
ServicesV&T Bus Tours Bus Trip to Jackpot Junction Monday, Dec. 4 Day trip: Leave Spencer at 8:30a.m. Milford at 9:00a.m. Spirit Lake at 9:30a.m. Cost is $15.00 You receive $15 in free play. Call Vickie at 712-338-2316 or Terry at 712-240-9089.
Help WantedTanTara is currently hiring dedicated tanker drivers. Weekly Home Time. HAZMAT endorsements & previous experience required. Wellmark Insurance benefits. Apply at www.tantara.us or call 563-262-8621(INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Full-time position for Medical Assistant or Medical Secretary. Must be detail oriented, computer proficient, and have excellent communication skills. Generous benefits. Send resume and cover letter to Northwest Iowa Surgeons, PC, 1823 Hwy Blvd, Ste 5, Spencer IA 51301. EOE
Legals - Week of 11.22.17 (11/21/17)IN THE IOWA JUVENILE COURT FOR DICKINSON COUNTY TO: Andrew Simmons Father of a Child Born on the 23rd day of June, 2011. You are hereby notified that there is now on file in the office of the clerk of the above Court a Termination of Parental Rights Petition concerning the above-named child pursuant Iowa Code Chapter 232. ...