Health care main issue as Bernie visits BojiSen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont stood against the scenic open-air over East Lake Okoboji Tuesday afternoon during a campaign stop at the Waterfront Grill in Arnolds Park. Sanders renewed his campaign...
75 Years Later: Raebel's Resort murder paves a trip to the gallowsJim Ladegaard still remembers a murder from 75 years ago. And that amount of time could allow him to do a little embellishing. He could talk about how, when the wind is still, you can still hear the...
Cause of El Ranchito fire to remain undeterminedThe Spirit Lake Fire Department had to contend with not only flames but an impending thunderstorm late Saturday as fire fighters battled a fire at El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant along Highway 71....
New sewer hookups put on pause during illegal connection searchA temporary moratorium on new sewer connections has been put in place for a number of Lakes Area neighborhoods by the Iowa Great Lakes Sanitary Sewer District. Steve Anderson, the sanitary district's...
- 'Summer of Love' guitar up for bid (8/20/19)
- Okoboji Summer Theatre ends 2019 season (8/20/19)
- Pickleball fundraising efforts continue (8/20/19)
- Milford Library News (8/20/19)
- Agribusiness succession workshop deadline approaches (8/20/19)
- Family Nature Night features monarchs (8/20/19)
- Okoboji Harley-Davidson to close at month's end (8/20/19)
- Area agencies to hold active shooter training (8/20/19)
- Tabernacle tuneup announced at 85th Okoboji Bible Conference (8/13/19)
- Pistol locked and loaded as newest Spirit Lake K-9 officer (8/13/19)
- A league of her ownStorm Lake has had a few athletes make the pros in the long history of the national pastime. But I’ll bet you didn't know it has one player enshrined in the Baseball Hall of Fame. What's his name, you may ask? Oh no, my friends, it's a HER. If you've seen the beloved sports movie, "A League of Their Own," you’ll recognize the story. One Storm Lake woman lived it...
Gifts from the earth and signs of lifeIt looked like a tennis ball. That was my first instinct anyway. After initially catching a glimpse of something round breaking through the dry dirt at the base of my maple tree, I was reasonably...
Celebration, not incarcerationThe numbers are shocking: In 2017 (the most recent year data is available), one person died every 48 minutes in a drunk-driving crash in the United States. These deaths account for approximately...
William ThiesenAug. 6, 1946 — July 2, 2019 William "Bill" Dale Thiesen, 72, of Spirit Lake passed away on July 2, 2019, at his home in Spirit Lake. There was a gathering to celebrate Bill's life at the VFW in...
Richard James RatcliffFeb. 28, 1948 — Aug. 15, 2019 Richard James Ratcliff, 71, of Spirit Lake passed away on Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019, at Lakes Regional Healthcare in Spirit Lake. A mass of Christian burial was held at...
Mary MortensenMay 26, 1927 — Aug. 19, 2019 Mary Mortensen, 92, of Waterloo, died Monday, Aug. 19, at the Martin Health Center — Western Home in Cedar Falls. She was born May 26, 1927, in Freeport, Illinois, the...
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Pneumatic/Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Help WantedLABORER: Must be willing to work and willing to learn. Experience preferred but not required. Must have valid drivers license. Full-time position M-F. Call 712-336-3901 for more information, 3D Builders, 1706 Lincoln Ave., Spirit Lake, IA.
Misc WantedWANTED TO BUY: Older Coke and Pepsi machines; gas pumps and signs; slot machines; and any related items. Call 224-456-5982.
Misc WantedWANTED FREON R12: We pay CA$H. R12 R500 R11 Convenient, Certified Professionals (312) 291-9169 RefrigerantFinders.com/ads (INCN)