ISU solar car makes local stop during shortened tourIt rolled down Lake Street as silently as the sunlight that fueled it. Onlookers were not so silent when they turned to see Iowa State University's solar utility vehicle Penumbra curling round the...
OSD, Milford council coordinate on school improvementsIt's somewhat rare for a meeting to begin with a pair of calls to order, but it happened. Both Okoboji School Board President Bob Hansen and Milford Mayor Steve Anderson called their respective...
Mayoral reins pass from Vos to KeenanThe Spirit Lake City Council appointed Bruce Keenan as mayor during its meeting last week. Keenan will take over where former mayor Ed Vos left off late last month. Vos took office in January after a...
Five men safe after boats capsize on Little SiouxMultiple agencies responded after two boats capsized on the Little Sioux River Friday evening. Two men were located shortly after arrival, and three others were located a short time later. All were...
- Parks Marina to attempt Paddle Board World Record on Saturday, June 23 (6/19/18)
- Iowa Lakes Foundation to host Dickinson County Scholarship Luau (6/19/18)
- Summer jazz camp 2018 concerts announced (6/19/18)
- Okoboji Sailing Center's SailFest replaces Junior Olympic sailing (6/19/18)
- Emmy-nominated filmmakers present 'Lost Nation: The Ioway 2' (6/19/18)
- County GOP hosts Pachyderm dinner (6/19/18)
- Spirit Lake Library News (6/19/18)
- Milford Library News (6/19/18)
- Kettleson Hogsback is like nowhere else in Iowa (6/19/18)
- Marital advice flows to engaged couple (6/19/18)
- Flash Flood Watch in effect until 7:00 AM CDT on Thursday for Dickinson County and 9 other counties in Iowa
- Flash Flood Watch in effect until 7:00 AM CDT on Thursday for Emmet County and 8 other counties in Iowa
- Flash Flood Watch in effect until 7:00 AM CDT on Thursday for Jackson County, Minnesota; Nobles County, Minnesota and Rock County, Minnesota
- OFF THE SCHNEID: Pioneers break 15-game losing streak, pick up first win of the season at home against Manson-Northwest WebsterAfter fifteen games, more than 70 innings and hundreds of outs, the Okoboji softball team finally got the proverbial monkey off of its collective back Thursday evening with a 7-6 win over Manson-Northwest Webster. "At the beginning, the feel of the game was just the girls were kind of down," first-year Okoboji head coach Cassidy Davis said. ...
- LUCK OF THE IRISH: Eighth-grader Irish Knutson buoys No. 14 Indians in comeback win over Tornadoes
- Wolves softball wins in extras, baseball falls to Hawks
- Pioneers suffer conference road sweep at Larchwood
- No. 14 Indians take early lead, hold off Tigers rally in win
- Indians drop home contest with Tigers
- Pioneers hold off late Mustangs rally in win
- Wolves drop War Eagle doubleheader to Hinton
- Indians top Wildcats in walkoff fashion
- Pioneers top Warriors in extra innings
- Pioneers fall to No. 6 North Union
Iowa's Nutrient Reduction StrategyOn Tuesday, May 29, the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) issued a press release concerning the five-year anniversary of the Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy which is a...
The benefits of a broken downspoutI've long held that bad things happen to spur us toward good things. It's always counterintuitive, and I never seem to remember it in the moment, but I believe it's true. Case in point, a downspout...
Jerry HuseJan. 17, 1927 June 15, 2018 Jerry Huse, the longtime publisher of the Norfolk Daily News and civic leader, died Friday at the age of 91, marking the end of a seven-decades-long commitment to help...
Della Marie NelsonDec. 10, 1923 June 9, 2018 A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 20, at the United Methodist Church of Hartley for Della Marie Nelson. The Rev. Marvin Lindley is...
Dean PoyzerApril 12, 1928 June 8, 2018 A funeral service for Dean Lee Poyzer, 90, of Estherville, and formerly of Spirit Lake, was held Thursday, June 14, 2018, at First Presbyterian Church in Spirit Lake....
Engagement: Leu, Heithus announce August wedding (6/19/18)Bruce and Jolene Leu are happy to announce the engagement of their daughter, Sandy Leu, to Brandon Heithus, son of Brian and Nancie Heithus, all of Milford. Sandy is a 2015 graduate of Okoboji High...
Engagement: Jones, Tusha to wed (6/5/18)Jeff and Carla Jones of Spirit Lake are happy to announce the engagement of their son, Casey, to Liz Tusha, daughter of Tim and Ellen Tusha of Garner. Casey is a 2012 graduate of Spirit Lake High...
MiscellaneousSPIRIT LAKE COMMUNITY SCH. will be taking bids for the following lot: 632 Used Chromebooks, 36 Macbooks, misc. technology- some not working: wire, tv's, old computers, phones, broken parts. Accepted bidder must take ALL items. Items can be seen by contacting John Huseman, 712-336-1370 Ext. 2900. Send bids to: Karen Oleson, 2701 Hill Ave., Spirit Lake IA 51360 by 12:00 pm Monday, July 9. 2018. The Board has the right to reject any and all bids.
Misc WantedWANTED TO BUY OR TRADE FREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
Help WantedHELP WANTED- TRUCK DRIVER Class A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
ServicesAUCTION Need to SELL Farm, Commercial, Residential Real Estate? Fair Market Value in 30 days. You pay zero commission. Hallberg Auction and Real Estate 800-373-2255 www.hallbergauction.com (INCN)