The two Jeffs — Part I: Criminal cases reveal hidden hurtGraphic by Christina Sorenson There are pictures of Jeff Wittler that no one keeps in their wallet or pocketbook. They don't get shared on Facebook. He's wearing jail-issued orange with a painted...
The two Jeffs — Part II: Guilty plea leads to tragic endBev Wittler of Spirit Lake said she enjoyed everything about her son Jeff. Except his illness. What started out as an ADHD and anxiety diagnosis at age 10 evolved into bipolar disorder with psychotic...
County gets plenty of feedback on future of Brooks GolfThe Dickinson County Conservation Board welcomed a large turnout Wednesday, June 19, as they looked for feedback about the recently acquired Brooks Golf property in Okoboji. The course was purchased...
Spirit Lake attorneys secure $3.9M settlement from state of WisconsinWisconsin officials on Thursday confirmed a lawsuit settlement that will pay Laera Reed and Paige Ray-Cluney a combined $3.9 million for abuse that took place at the Copper Lake School for Girls in...
- Questers receive grant to frame historic Roof Garden memorabilia (6/25/19)
- 'Couture for a Cause' raises $1,425 for Alzheimer’s Association of Iowa (6/25/19)
- This week at Lakeside Labs (6/25/19)
- Milford Library News (6/25/19)
- Test prehistoric hunting abilities during Family Nature Night (6/25/19)
- Boji Bantam Children's Theatre presents 'Treasure Island' (6/25/19)
- The Trip set to rock Live at the Lake (6/25/19)
- Family tradition continues at Treasure Village (6/25/19)
- Land near Big Spirit Lake set aside for conservation (6/25/19)
- Law enforcement challenged with limited resources (6/18/19)
- POUND PUPPIESSpirit Lake pounded Western Christian to the tune of 15 runs on 18 hits — including three home runs — Wednesday in a six-run home victory. The 15th-ranked (3A) Indians topped the Wolfpack 15-9 in Spirit Lake. "Our offensive definitely showed up to play tonight versus Western Christian," Spirit Lake coach Rachel Fisher said. ...
- Indians blank Wolfpack, snap 5-game skid
- Wolves' surrender early lead in loss to Knights
- Big inning lifts Generals to win over Pioneers
- No. 15 Indians' comeback comes up short at Cherokee
- Braves earn walk-off win over Indians
- Wolves snap 8-game skid
- Wolves earn road win over Mavericks
- Wolves suffer 10-run loss to South O'Brien
- Pioneers fall to Orabs in Sheldon
- Pioneers win 2 at home tournament
Cannabidiol laws unchanged for nowGovernor Reynolds vetoed House File 732, which would have altered Iowa's cannabidiol program. The veto leaves Iowa's current cannabidiol law in place. HF 732 would have made several changes to 2016...
Celebrating the anniversary of women gaining the right to voteThroughout its history, Iowa has been a place where women break barriers. Time after time, Iowa women have shown if they set their minds to something, work hard and believe in themselves, they can...
Richard 'Kirk' EwenJuly 8, 1952 — June 13, 2019 Richard "Kirk" Ewen, 66, of Arnolds Park passed away on Thursday, June 13, 2019, at his home. Family will greet friends from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at the...
Madge VossApril 1, 1921 — June 15, 2019 A funeral service for Madge Voss, age 98, of Spirit Lake, was held Friday, June 21, 2019, at the United Methodist Church in Spirit Lake. Burial was at Lakeview Cemetery....
Jean BridsonSept. 21, 1923 — June 15, 2019 Jean Bridson, age 95, of Storm Lake died Saturday, June 15, 2019, at the Methodist Manor Retirement Community in Storm Lake. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m....
NoticesClass Action Lawsuit: FARMERS, LANDSCAPERS or GARDENERS, did you or a loved one use Roundup Weed Killer and were diagnosed with NON-HODGKINS LYMPHOMA (Cancer)? You may be entitled to compensation. Call Attorney Charles Johnson 1-800-535-5727 (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
MiscellaneousAdvertise your EVENT, PRODUCT or RECRUIT an applicant in this paper plus 228 other papers throughout Iowa for only $300/week! Call 800-227-7636, ext 126 www.cnaads.com (INCN)
Help WantedLeading General Contractor needs skilled laborers & carpenters to work in Milford, IA. Excellent starting salaries, health insurance, 401k, PTO. Complete application on our web site: www.joseph-company.com & email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-437-3284. The Joseph Company Inc, 2003 14th St NE Ste 106, Austin MN. EEO/AA Employer.