If you fall off your iron horseRiders mounted upon what they refer to as "ancient iron" roared through the Lakes Area Friday afternoon on their way to complete the 2018 Motorcycle Cannonball Run. More than 100 riders from six...
Spirit Lake man sentenced for string of burglariesA Spirit Lake man received a series of convictions and will serve time on a five-year prison sentence for incidents that took place between June 1, 2017 and March 7, 2018 in Dickinson County. Samuel...
Green Plains Superior 'idles' ethanol production, remains openGreen Plains Inc. company officials on Tuesday said there are no plans to close down the Green Plains Superior location in Dickinson County. The company's response differs from a Reuters wire service...
Roof Garden comes down to return in classic styleSoon after the flickering lights grew dim and the roaring track of the Legend rollercoaster fell silent, a different noise was heard on the grounds of Arnolds Park Amusement Park. Historic Arnolds...
- County, city aim for October wetland grant and beyond (9/18/18)
- Homecoming week continues at Harris-Lake Park (9/18/18)
- IDPH urges Iowans to be mindful of West Nile Virus (9/18/18)
- Spirit Lake Library News (9/18/18)
- Quilt of Valor presented (9/18/18)
- Parks Marina donates Maui Mat to Family Service Network (9/18/18)
- FCA members attend Twins game (9/18/18)
- Iowa Delegation supports Reynolds appeal for FEMA assistance for four Iowa counties (9/18/18)
- Fairgoers enjoy rain-free event (9/18/18)
- Join state park volunteers this weekend (9/18/18)
- 'BOJI BLOWOUTThe Pioneers gave their faithful fans a reason to continue the homecoming festivities another week, as Okoboji dominated visiting Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn/Remsen-Union 61-7 Monday in Milford. The game was originally slated to be played Friday but, after a Royals student passed away unexpectedly early in the week, the two schools decided to postpone. Okoboji coach Jon Allen credited both schools' administrators for working to make sure the game was played Monday night despite a stormy forecast...
- FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS
- Wolves suffer devastating loss against No. 5 Ar-We-Va
- Indians top Warriors in straight sets
- Indians, Pioneers run well at Chris Smith Invitational
- Pioneers drop home contest to Boyden-Hull
- Wolves win GT/RA volleyball tournament
- Northwest Iowa becomes a sea of Royal blue
- PREP FOOTBALL PREVIEW - WEEK 5
- Indians give No. 3 Wolfpack a first-set scare
- Wolves down South O'Brien in 5 sets
Endorsing your candidate in the newspaperI've been with the Dickinson County News since the start of 2010. There's never been a week when we've left out the opinion page. Sometimes, when we get a bumper crop of commentary, we'll even add a...
Hunger pangsThe crisp autumn air brings a lot of memories with it, many of them pleasant. The wind carries the scent of homecoming football games, comfortable sweaters and, for some, the seasonal resurrection of...
Jesse RichardsonJune 16, 1989 Sept. 13, 2018 A memorial service was held Monday, Sept. 17, at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Sibley for Jesse Richardson of Sibley. The Rev. Barbara Kopperud officiated....
Dr. Maurice 'Morrie' NorthupJune 18, 1926 Sept. 8, 2018 Mass of Christian Burial for Dr. M.L. Northup, 92, of West Okoboji was held Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Milford. Interment was at St....
Angela PetersonApril 18, 1928 Sept. 16, 2018 Angela Frey Peterson, age 90, passed away on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018. She was born in Dickinson County to Gus and Esther Frey. Peterson attended high school in Milford...
MiscellaneousTiffany & CO Engagement Ring for sale! This gorgeous ring is a family treasure and has great memories. Seller needs money for a car fix. Silver band, .77 carat, square diamond, color grade H, inscribed with T&Co, size 5.5 (simple to resize). Comes with all papers including T&CO warranty. Valued at $6,650. Please call to make an offer, request more info or a picture - 712.260.9508
MiscellaneousFor Sale: 2015 Spree 35 ft. travel trailer. Outside kitchen. 3 Slides. Theater reclining seats. Fireplace center island. Auto stabilizing jack and tongue. Everything included to start camping. $26,000 OBO. (712)584-6400 or (712)363-0193.
Help WantedFull-Time and Part-Time CDL-A Team Drivers to Haul US Mail from Des Moines. Pays $22.80/hr plus HWP. Call (940) 726-3276 EOE M/W/V/D (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)