Passing of local-born thespian felt across the countryThe passing of Heath Huberg is being mourned not only within northwest Iowa, but across the country. The Okoboji High School alumnus turned professional stage performer passed away on Sunday, Oct. 13...
Local visit gives Naig perspective on diverse ag in IowaThe Little Sioux Orchard south of Milford played host to Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Mike Naig Tuesday morning. Naig's stop was part of his 99-county tour of the state, and he said he hoped to...
Nixing prairie planting could create slippery slope for conservation effortsCounty officials are seeking opinions from approximately 50 Orleans residents along 253rd Avenue as to whether recently planted prairie grasses in a nearby right-of-way should be removed. The...
Barges pluck houseboat from West OkobojiFour barges jutted their crane hoists toward the sky near Givens Point on West Lake Okoboji Monday. A houseboat moored at Okoboji Boat Works had partially sunk and was being lifted back to the...
- Becker welcomed into Rotary chapter (10/22/19)
- Local Questers again donate to local attraction (10/22/19)
- Clergy mark Pastor Appreciation Month (10/22/19)
- Milford Library News (10/22/19)
- New DAV van rolls into service (10/22/19)
- Youth in Philanthropy selects 2019-20 participants (10/22/19)
- Milford Business Trick-or-Treating announced (10/22/19)
- Currell to represent state on mortgage association board (10/22/19)
- Spirit Lake Library News (10/22/19)
- Humane Society plans $10,000 surgery suite (10/22/19)
- PREP FOOTBALL PREVIEW - WEEK 8Just two weeks remain in the regular season, as Dickinson County teams look to finish their district slates strong. Spirit Lake, coming off of a dominant road win over Clarion-Goldfield-Dows, will face arguably its toughest task of the season when the 10th-ranked Indians host third-ranked and unbeaten Algona. Okoboji will look to snap a three-game losing streak when the Pioneers travel to take on familiar Siouxland Conference foe Sheldon...
- A FISTFUL OF TOUCHDOWNS
- ON THE HUNT
- Pioneers suffer road loss to Lions
- No. 4 Indians top Midgets in straight sets
- Pioneers fall 3-0 to Central Lyon
- Wolves fall to No. 12 Unity Christian
- No. 4 Indians win 4 at weekend tourney
- Wolves win 1 at weekend tourney
- Dykema, Vandenberg earn all-conference honors
- Pioneers earn runner-up finishes at Siouxland meet
Healing and help through stories of grief and hopeI didn't know Heath Huberg personally. I only knew knew him through the stories I read and the things his friends told me. I know he was an accomplished singer from the Lakes Area. I know he was...
Details matterLast week was the October Administrative Rules Review Committee. I have the honor of chairing the committee that meets once a month to review rules put forth by the Executive Branch. This committee...
Verna MuggeJan. 17, 1924 — Oct. 12, 2019 A Celebration of Life for Verna Mugge, was held Oct. 17 at Grace Lutheran Church, in Spirit Lake. Burial was at Liberty Cemetery near Calumet. Verna Mae (Matz) Mugge was...
Ronald PavelkoJune 9, 1953 — Oct. 8, 2019 Ronald Pavelko passed away on Oct. 8, 2019 in Laurens after a bout with cancer. He was born June 9, 1953, in Lakefield, Minnesota, to John and LaVera Pavelko. Ron is...
Wilmina (Mina) FearJune, 1924 – Oct. 2019 Wilmina H. (Mina) Fear passed away on Monday, Oct. 21, 2019, at Accura Healthcare of Spirit Lake. Funeral services will be held at Calvary United Methodist Church in Arnolds...
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips Nov. 4: Overnight Trip Cost $55 per person double occupancy $90 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by Oct. 26 Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m. Returning at noon on Nov. 5. Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
Business OpportunitiesLocksmithing, Safe, Hardware Business. Retiring after 40 years in business. Lots of commercial customers and inventory. Interested? Call 712-262-3732 ask for Jerry
Notices1,000+ Guns @ Auction! Saturday Oct. 19th @ 9AM Prairie du Chien, WI Preview: Friday, Oct. 18th 2-7PM Collectible & Modern Estate Firearms www.KramerSales.com
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Pneumatic/Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16