Judge suspends Spirit Lake attempted murder caseDistrict Court Judge David Lester on Tuesday put an attempted murder case on hold and ordered 30-year-old defendant Nicholas Thompson of Spirit Lake to undergo a mental health evaluation. "The court...
County maintains East Loch Estate meeting schedulesThe Dickinson County Board of Supervisors has no current plans to change the scheduled meeting dates for a controversial development project near Chalstrom Beach. The development, tentatively named...
Fireworks return for winter celebrationThe New Year's holiday is not far behind Christmas, the pops and hisses of fireworks will undoubtably come with it to ring in the new year. The sale of consumer grade fireworks was legalized in Iowa...
Grassley: Tax bill will benefit all classesIowa's Sen. Chuck Grassley brought the public up to speed on the Senate's tax bill in a recent discussion with regional news agencies Monday afternoon. The senator's recent comments regarding plans...
- David Stanley named DCN General Manager (12/12/17)
- Youth In Philanthropy takes on community service project (12/12/17)
- Iowa Lakes instructor earns volunteer award (12/12/17)
- County Endowment grants $2,009 for hands-on earning (12/12/17)
- Spirit Lake Man With Prior Drug Conviction Sentenced To Federal Prison For Meth Conspiracy (12/12/17)
- Lake Park man injured after roadside crash near Dickens (12/12/17)
- Johnson to run again for Iowa Senate (12/12/17)
- Iowa Finance Authority awards $7.4 million for housing (12/12/17)
- Bird lovers wanted for Christmas Bird Count (12/12/17)
- 2018 OST season to include four musicals (12/12/17)
- NO SMALL FEATSpirit Lake scored just three points in the opening stanza Friday night, but a stellar defensive effort and a second-half surge lifted the Indians to a 25-point Lakes Conference home victory over Estherville Lincoln Central. "I thought, from a defensive standpoint, we were rock solid," Spirit Lake coach David Smith said. ...
- Pioneers earn road win over Rock Valley
- Okoboji boys fall at Rock Valley
- Pioneers knock off previously unbeaten Titans
- Pioneers prevail in low-scoring affair
- Indians sweep Wolfpack, Midgets in Hull
- 'Boji wrestlers split Hartley duals
- Quick start leads to Pioneers win over Sheldon
- Indians defense shuts down Midgets
- Slow start dooms Pioneers against Orabs
- Wolves boys earn first win, girls fall at Akron
Tax Reform for American Farmers and AgricultureIt’s been more than three decades since Congress passed significant tax reform legislation. Since then, the tax code has become overwhelming in both its size and complexity, burdening working...
Q&A: Foreign investmentQ: Why are you calling for new oversight of foreign investments and acquisitions of U.S. companies? A: As a U.S. Senator, it’s my job to look out for America’s interests, especially when long-term...
Warren RademacherApril 10, 1926 — Dec. 3, 2017 A funeral service for Warren Rademacher, age 91, of Terril, was held Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Terril. Burial was at Fairview Cemetery in...
Shawn Lee SmithMay 30, 1967 — Dec. 9, 2017 Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, at the Warner Chapel in Spencer for Shawn Lee Smith, 50, of Fostoria. He passed away Dec. 9, at Spencer...
Ralph 'Doc' MinnichJuly 11, 1929 – Oct. 10, 2017 It is with great sadness the family of Ralph "Doc" Minnich announces his passing on Oct. 10, 2017, at the age of 88 years. Doc was born in 1929 in Laurens. He grew up in...
StatewidesIF YOU HAD AN IVC FILTER PLACED FOR BLOOD CLOTTING, between 2010-present time, you may be entitled to compensation. Call Attorney Charles H. Johnson 1-800-535-5727 (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Help WantedProgressive southeast Nebraska hospital seeking a full-time physical therapist. Competitive salary, based on experience. Excellent benefits. Apply online at jchealthandlife.org. For more information call HR Director Sandy Bauer at 402-729-6850. (INCN)
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PICK UP and PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 219-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
Legals - Week of 12.13.17 (12/12/17)NOTICE OF U.S. MARSHAL’S SALE C-17-4043-LTS Public notice is hereby given, that by virtue of a writ of execution (or Fieri Facias), dated November 8, 2017, issued out of the United States District Court, for the Northern District of Iowa, on a judgment rendered in said Court, on the 30th day of October, 2017, in favor of the United States of America and against Vance Richard Grave and The State of Iowa, defendants, I have, on this 6th day of December, 2017, levied upon the following described real estate, situated in the County of Dickinson and State of Iowa, to wit:. ...