Threats, outrage follow 'House of Angels' rescueSix dogs were removed from a home outside of Terril last month, but the situation has continued to escalate locally after pictures of the animals and a narrative of their conditions circulated on...
Concerned Citizens group may be compelled to name themselvesA local businessman is taking more aggressive steps toward revealing the individual members of a group he claims cost him several million dollars. Legal counsel for Leo "Butch" Parks Jr. has been...
Many hands feed more than just oneEight tables arranged in four stations, dozens of cardboard boxes, thousands of pounds of dry foodstuffs and a hypnotically blue-eyed portrait of Jesus awaited volunteers as they entered Spirit Lake...
Early voting window opens in Dickinson CountyIf early numbers at the Dickinson County Auditor's Office are any indication, a lot of people may by avoiding the line to cast a general election ballot on Tuesday, Nov. 6. Monday was the first day...
- Inaugural Run the Bend 5K announced (10/16/18)
- Rock 4 Vets giving back in Spirit Lake (10/16/18)
- Okoboji, Spirit Lake Middle School students selected for honor bands (10/16/18)
- Lakeside Lab plans Haunted Halloween (10/16/18)
- MillStone Park group requests time capsule items (10/16/18)
- Oaks can be pruned during cool fall weather (10/16/18)
- Kiwanis loads, delivers 400 hygiene backpacks (10/16/18)
- Local office participates in IMOM (10/16/18)
- Parks Marina donates to Abben Cancer Center (10/16/18)
- Milford Library News (10/16/18)
- Victory slips through Pioneers' hands against Orabs
- Indians come up short in Algona
- No. 15 Wolves earn pair of War Eagle wins
- Pioneers battle Central Lyon in regular season finale
- Pioneers earn 5 medals at Siouxland Conference meet
- Rueter medals for Wolves at War Eagle Conference meet
- Indians wrap regular season with win over Jackson County Central
- PREP FOOTBALL PREVIEW - WEEK 9
- Wolves advance in postseason play with win over Mustangs
- INDIANS CRUSH COWBOYS
Congress needs to pass responsible Farm BillLast month, I completed my annual 99 county meetings for the 38th year in a row. At almost every one of those meetings, Iowans asked about the progress Congress is making on a new Farm Bill. The...
Aldo, Constance and a radar gunHere's a rhetorical question: Is it possible to be unfair to people on both sides of an issue? I'm not the mayor or police chief of the opinion page — that would be my publisher and general manager...
Sandra McIntireApril 12, 1955 — Oct. 9, 2018 A memorial service for Sandy McIntire, 63, of Milford, was held Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Sandra Louise McIntire, the daughter...
Roy HaugeMarch 29, 1928 — Oct. 9, 2018 A funeral service for Roy T. Hauge, 90, of Milford, was held Monday, Oct. 15, 2018, at First Lutheran Church in West Okoboji. Interment was at Milford Cemetery. Roy...
Margie BoltJuly 30, 1924 — Oct. 5, 2018 A funeral service for Margie Bolt, age 94 of Milford was held Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, at the Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Burial was at the North Lawn...
Help WantedHELP WANTED: Full-time Position Available. The individual must be extremely organized, detail orientated and computer proficient. This position includes receptionist and clerical duties along with communication and accounting skills. Benefits include generous PTO, IPERS, health, dental and life insurance. Please send resume with cover letter: NWIRHA, PO Box 446, Spencer, IA 51301. EOE.
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Farm EquipmentFOR SALE: IH nice tractors-Cubs, A, B, C, SC, H, SH, M, SMTA, 300, 350, 460, 560; have loaders, blades, plows, mowers, other equipment. 712-299-6608 Pomeroy, IA.