Law enforcement challenged with limited resourcesRegional law enforcement administrators agree, a lack of area mental health care services is taxing on staff and budgets – and there doesn't seem to be any relief in the immediate future as agencies...
'The biggest mental health facility in the state is the county jail'Many times, when persons dealing with mental health diagnosis commit crimes, and they don't meet criteria for emergency evaluation by the nature of their behavior, the individual finds themselves...
IGL Chamber plans open house for new officeThe Iowa Great Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce is ready to showcase its new location along Highway 71 in Arnolds Park. The public is invited to join the chamber staff and board of directors for an...
County trails start continental conversionThe paint is dry and highly visible as planners continue efforts to make trail crossings safer for cyclists in the Iowa Great Lakes. The city of Okoboji decided to convert its single trail crossing...
- Iowa Lakeside Lab to screen documentary on the Ioway native tribe (6/18/19)
- Sara Frerichs named director of credit administration, EVP (6/18/19)
- IGL Rotary welcomes new members (6/18/19)
- Brent Sexton joins EXIT Realty Midwest (6/18/19)
- Big bangs cost big bucks (6/18/19)
- Arnolds Park announces 'Queen II Legends Cruises' (6/18/19)
- Hydrology report explores Iowa Great Lakes flooding (6/18/19)
- Okoboji Foundation awards $230,000 in leadership grants (6/18/19)
- Spirit Lake Library News (6/18/19)
- Milford Library News (6/18/19)
- Wolves hold off Jays for first winBuoyed by birthday boy Isaac Ihnen, the Harris-Lake Park boys baseball team picked up its first win of the season on Friday, June 7. The Wolves topped Gehlen Catholic 7-6 in Lake Park. "The guys have been getting better all season and it was great to find a way to win," Harris-Lake Park coach Lane Gunderson said. "Isaac Ihnen pitched a great game on his birthday which was awesome to be a part of. ...
- No. 14 Indians rout Braves in conference clash
- Indians top Braves in walk-off fashion
- Wolves lack offense in softball loss to Jays
- Pioneers top Generals in Sibley
- Okoboji outscores Generals in road win
- Wolves fall to No. 10 Blackhawks
- Harris-Lake Park falls at Hinton
- Wolverines come from behind to top Indians
- Pioneers fall to Dutchmen
- Indians win 2 at home tournament
Good numbers from MayLiberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth. May was another strong month for state revenue, as tax collections were 28.1 percent higher than what was collected in May 2018. The...
Managed care provider updateStarting July 1, Iowa Total Care will be joining the Iowa Medicaid program and UnitedHealthcare will be leaving the program. All Medicaid members that have UnitedHealthcare have been notified with...
Karleen SlaterNov. 6, 1941 — June 8, 2019 A funeral service for Karleen Slater, 77, of Okoboji and formerly of Arnolds Park, was held Saturday, June 15, 2019, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake....
Jon GontjesSept. 8, 1954 — June 4, 2019 A memorial service for Jon Kent Gontjes will take place at 4 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Jon and Mary Lynne's home (6961 505th St. in rural Peterson). The Rev. Grant D....
Clinton A. MitchellAug. 7, 1940 — June 15, 2019 A Memorial Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 20, at St. Bridget's Church (4102 S. 26th St.) in Omaha, Nebraska, for Clinton A. Mitchell of Omaha and formerly of...
Engagement: Callaway, Wegelin announce August wedding (5/21/19)Anna Lynnette Callaway and Joseph Fitzgerald Wegelin would like to announce their engagement to be married. Anna is from Warren, Arkansas. She is a graduate of Arkansas State University and holds a...
Engagement: Bradley, Galvin announce wedding plans (5/21/19)Mallory Bradley of Estherville and Jeremy Galvin of Lake Park announce their engagement and upcoming marriage. Mallory is the daughter of Dale and Susie Bradley of Estherville and is a 2010 graduate...
Farm EquipmentFor Sale: CASE IH RMX 370 Disc, 25ft. hydraulic level with a spike toothed drag. Also, Westfield Auger, 71ft. hydraulic swing hopper with hydraulic lift. Both are in excellent condition. Call (712) 335-5699 or (515) 890-1951.
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
MiscellaneousAdvertise your EVENT, PRODUCT or RECRUIT an applicant in this paper plus 228 other papers throughout Iowa for only $300/week! Call 800-227-7636, ext 126 www.cnaads.com (INCN)
Recreation VehiclesBOAT FOR SALE: 17' Starcraft with roller trailer and cover; 115 hp Mercury motor; 9.9 hp Mercury motor/4-stroke; 80# MinnKota electric trolling motor with anchor lock, remote control or foot pedal (new). Various spare parts and manuals. Milford, Iowa. $7,500. Phone 712-395-1310.