Second C02 pipeline may cross regionLocal residents gathered last month to hear of a proposed liquified carbon pipeline that may cross Dickinson County, and a different company has announced it hopes to construct a similar pipeline in...
Spirit Lake Fire Chief honored by Iowa Volunteer Fire Chiefs AssociationSpirit Lake Fire Chief Pat Daly was named as the recipient of the Roger Mooty Award by the Iowa Volunteer Fire Chiefs Association over the weekend. The award is given each year in recognition of...
Harvest yields vary, recent rains may benefit next year's cropMany a farm field in the Lakes Area has been reduced to stalky stubble in recent weeks as producers continue the season's harvest. "The bean harvest seemed like it went a little slower than normal...
Trial date set for West Okoboji Harbor culvert caseA local home owner's association will have the chance to argue in court next year whether Dickinson County is responsible for property damage in the private neighborhood. A petition from the West...
- Okoboji band students selected for Northwest Iowa Honor Bands (10/19/21)
- Kiwanis paper drive trailer now open (10/19/21)
- Maddie Poppe’s Acoustic Christmas to return to the Roof Garden (10/19/21)
- RiseFest 2022 announces artists and ticket sales (10/19/21)
- Goldford to speak at ILUUF (10/19/21)
- Local mortgage professionals recognized by Iowa Mortgage Association (10/19/21)
- Milford Memorial Library News (10/19/21)
- LRH: Getting a flu shot important during COVID-19 (10/19/21)
- Dickinson County Museum continues programs (10/19/21)
- Second jury finds Spirit Lake man guilty of Ireton murder (10/13/21)
- IMPURRFECTWith their Class 2A playoff spot already assured, sixth-ranked Spirit Lake decided to put the rest of the state on notice by handing top-ranked Southeast Valley its first loss of the 2021 season in Friday’s regular season finale. The Indians trailed by two scores early, but scored 21 unanswered in the final three quarters to top the district champion Jaguars 21-14 in Spirit Lake...
- Wolves clinch district championship with win over Bison
- Heller clears 1,000-yard mark in loss to Lions
- Indians advance in volleyball postseason with win over Midgets
- Pioneers drop postseason contest to No. 3 Sheldon
- Wolves’ volleyball season ends with loss to Tigers
- Pioneers end regular season at Unity Christian meet
- Pioneers fall to Generals in regular season finale
- Wolves drop home match to No.2. Gehlen Catholic
- Indians sweep Tornadoes to close conference play
- Okoboji quartet earns all-conference cross country honors
Make your voice heard by voting Nov. 2You might be surprised to learn that the upcoming city-school election may have a bigger impact on your daily life than who is elected president, senator or governor. While races for those higher...
Act now to apply for rental and utility assistanceThe COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect consumers, both physically and financially. “The pandemic has resulted in many losses for Iowans, including their homes,” Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller...
Christina Helen SattlerFeb. 18, 1946 – Oct. 12, 2021 Memorial Mass for Christina "Tina" Sattler, age 75, of Arnolds Park, was held on Friday, Oct. 15, 2021, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Milford. Christina “Tina” Helen...
Eugene Robert RouseMay 26, 1930 – Sept. 16, 2021 A memorial service for Gene Rouse, age 91, of Spirit Lake was held Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021, at United Methodist Church in Spirit Lake. Interment was at Silver...
Sherry Katie KookerOct. 1, 1950 – Oct. 14, 2021 Sherry Katie Kooker, daughter of Edward and Mary (Lomax) Keller, was born on Oct. 1, 1950, in Marceline, Missouri. She passed away on Oct. 14, 2021, at Avera McKennan...
Misc WantedOld slot machines and vintage jukeboxes wanted any condition. Also neon clocks, neon signs, soda machines and porcelain signs. Immediate cash pickup! Call Mark 314-707-0184
Help WantedCDL Class A Tanker Truck Driver. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16
MiscellaneousGENERAC Standby Generators provide backup power during utility power outages, so your home and family stay safe and comfortable. Prepare now. Free 7-year extended warranty ($695 value!). Request a free quote today! Call for additional terms and conditions. 1-855-954-5087