Lakes music icon, IRRMA founder John Senn passes awayIt will come as no surprise to the people who knew John Senn that he wanted memorials directed to the Iowa Rock 'N Roll Music Association. He passed away Thursday at Lakes Regional Healthcare in...
Plea cancels kidnapping case for Dickinson County juryDickinson County jurors will not have to hear evidence surrounding the abuse and isolation of an 8-year-old boy from Ackley. The boy's father, 31-year-old Alex Shadlow, agreed to a Class C...
Split vote stalls reinstatement of Milford Fire ChiefThe Milford City Council voted on Monday, July 8, not to reappoint Jim Carpenter as the city's fire chief, and reactions to that vote prompted a joint meeting between the council, Milford Fire...
U of O Homecoming continues to highlight Lakes AreaIt’s estimated the inaugural University of Okoboji Homecoming weekend attracted less than 100 participants to the Lakes Area campus. The year was 1978, and U of O Director for Life Bob Rose said he...
- Five days of family fun at the Dickinson County Fair (7/16/19)
- Blue Water Festival features Hornsby (7/16/19)
- Community readies for Milford Pioneer Days (7/16/19)
- Milford Library News (7/16/19)
- Lake Park Library News (7/16/19)
- This week at Lakeside Lab (7/16/19)
- Last Dollar Scholarships available (7/16/19)
- ISU Extension offers learning opportunities (7/16/19)
- 'Miss Electricity' takes stage (7/16/19)
- Dotson prepares for Okoboji return (7/16/19)
- END OF THE ROADAll signs pointed to Fort Dodge Monday, as Spirit Lake squared off with Algona in the Class 3A regional softball final. The second-seeded Indians, coming off of back-to-back wins over intra-county rival Okoboji and familiar foe Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley — as well as a sixth straight Lakes Conference championship — were looking primed for a return trip to the state tournament...
- Indians down E-Hawks in extras
- Pioneers top Generals, advance in postseason
- Pioneers' season ends in regional tourney
- Wolves' season ends at Peterson
- Indians cap regular season with loss to Dutch
- Pioneers fall to Wildcats in regular season finale
- READY TO RUMBLE
- Wolves suffer narrow home loss to Mavs
- Wolves fall to No. 10 Midgets
- Pioneers lead early, fall to Lions
Symbiosis and invasive speciesI recently found myself plucking an interesting juxtaposition out of the waters of another famous Iowa lake. My family returned to roost in Clear Lake this past Fourth of July. From tourist traffic,...
Mental Health Funding: The True StoryOver the last two years, the legislature has passed bipartisan mental health reform and created the state's first ever children's mental health system. These bills have been consistently regarded by...
Keith W. LuftJune 29, 1967 – July 11, 2019 Keith W. Luft, age 52, of Emmetsburg, passed away on Thursday, July 11, 2019, at Kathleen's Care of Emmetsburg. A private family service will be held with Rev. Donohue...
Grady ParhamThe family of Grady Edward and Joyce Marie Parham warmly invite all their friends and fellow parishioners to a celebration of life at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 13 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in...
Louise BallahJune 18, 1935 — July 1, 2019 A funeral service for Louise Ballah, 84, Terril was held Saturday, July 6, 2019 at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Terril. Louise Victorean Ballah, the daughter of Victor...
Misc WantedBuying and selling gold & silver, collector coins, diamonds, gold jewelry, silver dollars, rare currency, any gold or silver items. Kuehl's Coins, Fairmont, Minnesota, 507-235-3886, 507-399-9982
MiscellaneousFOR SALE: 2018 Keystone Springdale 25' camper; never used, $12,000. 2007 HD 883 Sportster 5,500 miles with windshield and saddle bags, $3,500. Phone 507-478-4221.
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Misc WantedWANTED FREON R12: We pay CA$H. R12 R500 R11 Convenient, Certified Professionals (312) 291-9169 RefrigerantFinders.com/ads (INCN)