Okoboji students experience Hawaii missile scare firsthandA group of local students will keep their tans to themselves — but they have quite a story to share now that they're back from their J-Term trip to Hawaii. The 14 students and three chaperones...
Nationally-known Lakes businesswoman passes awayFuneral services will take place Friday for a Lakes-area woman who bought out a Rust Belt business in the heart of the Farm Crisis and was later named first runner-up for the National Small Business...
Lawmakers to tackle healthcare, environmental policy in 2018In this two-part series, local legislators Sen. David Johnson, Rep. John Wills and Rep. Megan Jones weighed in on what they anticipated heading into the 87th Iowa General Assembly. The first part of...
School bond issue may reach Okoboji ballot boxesLocal elections ended months ago, but people in the Okoboji area may soon have another ballot decision to mull. Okoboji School Board President Bob Hansen confirmed the board plans to consider a...
- Winter Games Notebook 1-17-18 (1/16/18)
- Local high school students learn hands on for J-Term at Iowa Lakes (1/16/18)
- Hubbell seeks change for the people (1/16/18)
- Legislators welcome local FDaSS members (1/16/18)
- Taxpayers announce upcoming meeting (1/16/18)
- Swap shop offered for unwanted chemicals (1/16/18)
- DNR to discuss Gull Point complex projects at public meeting (1/16/18)
- Iowa Lakes brings performers together for music contests (1/16/18)
- Teen Music Association helps youth find their voice (1/16/18)
- LRH Foundation's 'Grape Escape' plans announced (1/16/18)
- Indians earn runner-up finish at ELC Duals
- Pioneers fall to Wildcats at home
- Wolves earn hoops sweep over Mavs
- Indians split in Cherokee road trip
- Indians fumble early lead in loss to West
- Pioneers place 6th at Nighthawk Invitational
- Wolves hoops teams split with South O'Brien
- No. 4 Lakers top No. 3 Panthers at home dual
- Iowa Lakes women's basketball wins two
- Iowa Lakes' Mendez signs with Dominican College
Tax reform is a promise kept to Iowa familiesLast month, Congress passed and President Trump signed into law the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This historic legislation reforms our broken tax code, makes filing simpler and gives a break to...
Start of the sessionThe 2018 Legislative Session Convenes and here are our priorities: According to a recent study, Iowa is the third best managed state due to strong fiscal responsibility, a AAA credit rating, lower...
Tony RogersApril 18, 1945 — Jan. 7, 2018 There will be no formal services for Tony Rogers, age 72, of Spirit Lake. Tony passed away Sunday, Jan. 7, at his home in Spirit Lake. Anthony Hugh Rogers, the son of...
Thomas RitzerOct. 21, 1941 — Jan. 6, 2018 Thomas Arthur Ritzer, the son of Violet (Baker) and Arthur Ritzer, was born Oct. 21, 1941, in Sioux City. After graduating high school, Tom served in the United States...
Leland EralJuly 5, 1937 — Jan. 7, 2018 Leland Eral, 80, of Spirit Lake passed away on Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018, at a hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. A mass of Christian Burial was Thursday, Jan. 11, at St....
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips Feb. 5 : Overnight Trip Cost $50 per person double occupancy $80 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by Jan. 26 Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on Feb. 6 Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
ServicesInterior Painting. Free Estimates. Local References. 35 years experience. Ted Riley 712-298-1701
Help WantedLab tech: MT or MLT (ASCP), progressive southeast Nebraska hospital, phlebotomy skills preferred. Competitive pay scale, excellent benefits. Apply at JCHealthandLife.org. For information call HR Director Sandy Bauer at 402-729-6850. (INCN)
Help WantedPOLICE OFFICER: The Indianola Police Department is taking applications. Applications may be obtained by visiting https://indianolaiowa.gov/149/Police-Department and choosing the Application link. Application deadline 2/23/2018 EOE (INCN)
Legals - Week of 1.17.18 (1/16/18)IN THE IOWA JUVENILE COURT FOR DICKINSON COUNTY D.O.B. 09/05/2004, A Child. TO: Amanda Whalen, Mother of a Child Born on the 5th day of September, 2004. You are hereby notified that there is now on file in the office of the clerk of the above Court a Child in Need of Assistance Petition concerning the above-named child pursuant Iowa Code Chapter 232. ...