Cedar Rapids mayor seeks governor’s seatCedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett said the issues facing Iowa today can’t be crammed into a 30-second exchange on an elevator. That’s why he plans to travel across the state and discuss complex issues...
Single-vehicle crash claims area man’s lifeThe Palo Alto County Sheriff’s Office says it is still investigating the circumstances behind a single-vehicle crash that claimed a Graettinger man’s life. Funeral services for 27-year-old Jacob Alan...
Milford monument is on the moveMills were still crushing various grains when the city of Milford was incorporated. In fact, many say the town was named for the mills that used the heavy discs to make meal. One such stone was...
County considers possible future for Oak Haven building“I’ll preface this with saying, I didn’t go looking for this,” Dickinson County Supervisor Paul Johnson told his fellow board members. Johnson had heard from two employees of Hope Haven, which rents...
- Aug. 10-12 Prairie Lakes Conference takes shape (7/18/17)
- Tell a neighbor: Time’s running out to attend Dickinson County Fair (7/18/17)
- Spencer prepares for RAGBRAI arrival (7/18/17)
- Nonprofit funding challenge continues (7/18/17)
- GOVERNOR REYNOLDS & SENATOR ERNST PLAN AUGUST TRIP TO OKOBOJI (7/18/17)
- Soil moisture levels continue to dip (7/18/17)
- State agencies distribute water quality loans (7/18/17)
- FINAL SUMMER CONCERT PLANNED IN SPIRIT LAKE (7/18/17)
- Bridger added to Legacy Park line-up (7/18/17)
- OST presents ‘Move Over, Mrs. Markham’ (7/18/17)
- GOODBYE SUMMERHouston Hawkins (17) and the Spirit Lake baseball team suffered a 5-0 season-ending defeat in the first round of the Class 3A District 2 baseball tournament Friday night in Le Mars. The Indians were the last of the Lakes Area's baseball teams left alive heading into their bout with the Bulldogs, as Harris-Lake Park and Graettinger-Terril/Ruthven-Ayrhsire bowed out of the postseason a day earlier...
- Candor homers power 'Dogs to win over Indians
- Wolves blanked by No. 9 West Sioux in district loss
- Titans tripped up in second round of districts
- DeVos collects 100th career hit
- Jenness nominated for 2017 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team
- HIGHS AND LOWS
- Sohn, Kyle power Wolves to postseason win
- Indians defeat Dutch in regular season finale
- Pioneers' season ends with loss to West Lyon
- Pioneers pound Generals, advance in district tourney
Aww, SNAP!I would be willing to bet not many of us would think of cutting back on our grocery budget or medical care to pay for a new door lock — or a multi-million dollar fence for that matter. Well, Iowa’s...
Trail TalkRemember the $5,000 July nonprofit challenge The Okoboji Foundation is inviting everyone to participate in the $5,000 July Nonprofit Challenge at GiveOkoboji.com. The fund with the highest giving...
Steve FriedrichFeb. 4, 1989 — July 8, 2017 A funeral service for Steve Friedrich, 28, of Spencer, was held Thursday, July 13, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Interment was at Milford Cemetery in Milford....
Elinor BedellMarch 9, 1923 — March 2, 2017 Elinor Healy Bedell, age 93, passed away peacefully at her Naples, Florida home on March 2, 2017, after a brief illness. She was born in Mankato, Minnesota on March 9,...
Albert BergDec. 13, 1942 — July 11, 2017 Private family services were held for Albert Berg, age 74 of Lake Park. Albert Lewis Berg was born Dec. 13, 1942, in Dickinson County to Nellen and June (Emerson)...
Engagement: Reese, Hoogeterp to wed (7/11/17)Doug and Julie Stahly, of Lake Park, along with Darren and Amy Reese, of Primghar, announce the engagement of their daughter, Lacey Reese, to Adam Hoogeterp, son of Steven and Corrine Hoogeterp, of...
Engagement: Kruse, Seibt to wed (6/27/17)Matthew Kruse and Caroline Seibt are pleased to announce their engagement and upcoming marriage on Aug. 4, 2017, in Patos de Minas, Brazil. Following their wedding, the couple will reside in West Des...
Help WantedPart-time teaching position for on-campus courses in Computer Security (bachelor's degree required) and Math (master's degree required). Fall semester begins August 21, 2017. For more information contact Dr. Rhonda Pennings. Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park, Sheldon, IA 51201 or phone 712-631-5640. AA/EOE
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips August 7 : Overnight Trip Cost $40 per person double occupancy $75 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by July 22 Leave Spencer 8:30a.m, Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on Aug. 8 Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
Antiques & CollectiblesEXECUTIVE ESTATE AUCTION July 22nd 10am 2902 East Kimberly Road Davenport, IA German Antique Furniture, Handmade Furniture, German Antique Clocks, Woodworking Tools, MORE! 309-558-8087 www.walnutcreekauction.com (INCN)
Situations WantedClass A CDL Drivers/Tankers. Great Pay, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN
Legals - Week of 6.28.17 (6/27/17)THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT DICKINSON COUNTY IN THE MATTER OF ESTATE OF NORMAN WINTER, Deceased. PROBATE No. ESPR014277 NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF ADMINISTRATOR AND NOTICE TO CREDITORS To All Persons Interested in the Estate of Norman Winter, Deceased, who died on or about the September 21, 2016:...