Corn high, ground dry, harvest closing outAfter constant rains held harvest at bay for a matter of weeks, area producers were glad to get back out in the field and make up for lost time as the month transitioned. The latest Iowa Crop...
Incumbents Wills, Jones carry Dickinson CountyGOP incumbents John Wills and Megan Jones carried Dickinson County and were in position for a return to the Iowa House in January. Wills received 4,390 votes for 65.8 percent support to hold off his...
Clark rides primary momentum to District 2 seatA primary election rematch on the general election ballot produced the same result for Steve Clark, who came out ahead of Dave Kohlhaase. Clark received 1,062 votes for 60.65 percent of the vote,...
Reynolds carries Dickinson County as statewide results roll inDickinson County remained reliable GOP territory for appointed Gov. Kim Reynolds, who went into Tuesday's election seeking her first four-year term. She carried the Iowa Great Lakes with 5,528 votes...
- King's bid for ninth term gets local boost (11/6/18)
- County residents weigh in on judicial retention (11/6/18)
- Five candidates elected to Dickinson County Extension Council (11/6/18)
- Sharing Christmas 2018 (11/6/18)
- Local programs in place to honor veterans (11/6/18)
- Operation Christmas Child returns for the season (11/6/18)
- 'Boatloads of Toys' returns to Parks Marina (11/6/18)
- Spirit Lake Music accepting used instrument donations (11/6/18)
- Eight Spirit Lake students make Honor Band (11/6/18)
- Third-grade students receive Rotary dictionaries (11/6/18)
- Tigers make improvements at stateTwo of the Spencer girls swim team’s three state qualifying events improved on their seeding Friday and Saturday during the IGHSAU State Swimming and Diving Meet held at the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA. Emma VerSteeg got things started for the Tigers, swimming in Friday night’s preliminary individual events...
- Delperdang runs at IATC Senior All-Star 5K
- Iowa Lakes' Ben MacRae named Region XI Co-Coach of the Year
- Laker men place 8 on all-region soccer teams
- Laker women place 4 on all-region soccer teams
- Laker wrestling begins at Yellow Jacket Open
- Lakers dump Northwestern JV
- Laker women fall in opener
- RUNNERS WRAP SEASON AT STATE
- Indians' season ends in playoff loss to Nighthawks
- Wolves' streak snapped in semifinals
Power of the peopleElection Day will not satisfy us. We often think it will, but it won't. Each side hopes their chosen "wave" (both of which sound like Kool-aid flavors to me) will win the day and right everything...
School Funding is up, no "ifs, ands, or buts"School funding is up, and there’s no disputing it. In fact, it's up over 30 percent the past eight years, a number House Republicans have been sharing since the beginning of the year. School aid is...
Willa DobsonAug. 30, 1929 — Oct. 28, 2018 A funeral service for Willa Jean Dobson, 89, of Milford, was held Friday, Nov. 2, 2018, at Faith Community Church in Milford. Burial was at Milford Cemetery. Willa Jean...
Viola LohrmannApril 11, 1919 — Oct. 26, 2018 A funeral service for Viola Lohrmann, age 99, of Milford, was held Friday, Nov. 2, 2018, at First Lutheran Church in West Okoboji. Burial was at Lone Tree Cemetery in...
Patricia LynchMay 21, 1939 — Oct. 27, 2018 A Mass of Christian Burial for Patricia "Patty" Lynch, 79, of Spirit Lake, was held Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2018, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Milford. Interment was at...
Lost & FoundLOST: Gold bracelet with diamonds in the Spirit Lake area. REWARD. If find call 712-260-0035.
Help WantedCHILD CARE NEEDED Morning bus pickup, afternoon bus pickup, Monday-Friday, will pay for mileage. Sioux Rapids 712-283-2923.
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
Help WantedTanTara is hiring FLATBED DRIVERS! Earn up to 32% of revenue in incentives. Regional & Nationwide positions. New Trucks, New Trailers. Full Benefits. www.tantara.us 1-800-650-0292. (INCN)