Area man receives Feb. 5 trial date to answer sexual assault chargesA Dickinson County man accused of sexually abusing two Milford teenagers in Estherville has entered a "not guilty" plea at the Emmet County Courthouse. District Court Judge Don Courtney on Wednesday...
State honors Sackett for making makersHundreds of young hands beat against the Okoboji Elementary School gymnasium floor Monday morning. The drumroll swelled as STEM teacher JoAnne Sackett was announced as the region's 2019 recipient of...
Milford officer resigns amid alcohol distribution investigationA Milford police officer has resigned after being accused of providing alcohol to a person under the legal drinking age of 21. Milford Police Chief Bob Clark confirmed Tuesday morning officer Richard...
King to face GOP challengeLess than a week ahead of Iowa's 88th General Assembly, Iowa's State Senate Assistant Majority Leader and Ways and Means Chairman Randy Feenstra opened a federal campaign committee, taking the first...
- Nature Center announces No School Day Camps
- Snowshoeing planned for Hike the Wild
- Chicago tribute band coming to PLAC
- DCNC expands pollinator revival lecture
- Spirit Lake Library News
- Milford Library News
- Okoboji High School announces J Term public presentation night
- Veterans Town Hall/Community Meeting at Dickinson County Court House
- LRH preparing for anticipated office building construction
- Okoboji Foundation 2019 grant application available
- Indians earn road rout over Tornadoes
- Wolves surrender early lead in home loss to Jays
- Gehlen opens huge lead in win over Wolves
- Indians struggle late in road loss to Storm Lake
- Comets pull away late in win over Pioneers
- Comets snap No. 10 Pioneers' win streak
- Okoboji wrestlers place 3rd in Graettinger
- Spirit Lake boys struggle at Waverly
- Wolves snap 3-game skid with win over Generals
- IWCOA announces first interscholastic Iowa High School Girls Wrestling Championships
Conflation, confusion and some flip flopsIt's now official. This particular government funding gap has has caused the longest continuous shutdown on record. However, this isn't the time to gloat. Not in my opinion anyway. I'm of the opinion...
A journey through tomorrow's mistJourney with me, reader. Picture the sentiments of today in the frame of an era not so long ago — an era in which history was being made. A story coming to light in the early 1970s revealed truths...
Rev. Duane LarsonDec. 14, 1961 — Jan. 12, 2019 Rev. Duane David Larson, 57, of Spirit Lake passed away unexpectedly at his home on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, of a heart attack. Services for Pastor Duane will be held at...
LeRoy LockwoodMay 3, 1923 — Jan. 6, 2019 A memorial service for LeRoy "Butch" Lockwood, age 95, of Spirit Lake, will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019, at United Methodist Church in Spirit Lake....
Lavona HagedornSept. 29, 1937 — Jan. 8, 2019 A memorial service for Lavona (Thackrey) Hagedorn, age 81, was held Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake. Interment was at Memory Gardens...
Farm SuppliesPROTECT AGAINST SOYBEAN WHITE MOLD IN 2019! Ask your soybean dealer for Heads Up Seed Treatment. Local, grower driven data available. www.headsupST.com or 866/368-9306 (INCN)
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
NoticesPOETRY CONTEST - Iowa residents all ages. Feb. 28 deadline. Cash/publication prizes. Rules at www.iowapoetry.com or send SASE: Iowa Poetry Association, 16096 320th Way, Earlham, IA 50072 (INCN)
ServicesSR22 Filings. ?Auto Rates High? Call Spencer Insurance Services for a comparison of over 12 companies. 712-262-8000, Ext.1 or 800-728-9157, Ext. 1.