Organizers gear up for U of O OktoberfestThe Iowa Great Lakes Region has been home to Oktoberfest celebrations for decades, and the most enduring of those celebrations is marking its 30th anniversary this year. The University of Okoboji...
Local lawmakers study up ahead of redistricting voteDistrict lines may be changing for all three of Dickinson County's state lawmakers. The non-partisan Legislative Services Agency updates the state's House and Senate districts every 10 years based on...
Man charged in hit and run boating case now faces civil claimA Spirit Lake man facing state charges for failing to lend aid after seriously injuring another boater is now being named by the victim in a civil claim. Zachery James Kruse is accused of colliding...
November ballot to have several contested racesSeveral cities and school districts in Dickinson County will have contested races come November. While a number of local races will go uncontested after last week's filing deadline for potential...
- Local robbery suspect sentenced after extradition from South Dakota (9/21/21)
- Rowley elected president of Independent Insurance Agents of Iowa Association (9/21/21)
- North Superior District School bell rings again (9/21/21)
- Iowa Lakes music students honor veterans at Clay County Fair (9/21/21)
- Questers donate to Dickinson County Museum (9/21/21)
- Milford Memorial Library News (9/21/21)
- Greenlaw to perform remotely at local UU (9/21/21)
- Registration open for U of O Oktoberfest Bean Bag Toss Tournament (9/21/21)
- Iowans encouraged to participate in National Voter Registration Month (9/21/21)
- Seasons Center to host free kids’ carnival in Spencer (9/21/21)
- Pioneers come up short in home loss to Orabs
- Wolves rout St. Edmond in district road trip
- Pioneers drop home match to Mustangs
- VandenBerg wins, SLP girls 3rd at Chris Smith Invite
- ‘Boji boys win, girls 2nd at Sioux Rapids
- Wolves runners compete at Sanborn
- Wolves drop 4 at GT/RA volleyball tournament
- Wolves drop road match to South O’Brien
- Indians compete at Storm Lake cross country meet
- Wolves fall to Royals in straight sets
Democrats seek to keep the debt spiral spinningTreasury Secretary Janet Yellen recently announced that, within the next month, the federal government will exhaust so-called “extraordinary measures” that are being used to fund our debt...
I’m continuing to bring Iowans’ voices to WashingtonEach week, when Congress wraps up its work in Washington, D.C., I can’t wait to return home to Iowa. Most weekends, that means heading out on my 99 County Tour to connect with folks, share updates...
Rosemary RouseFeb. 21, 1952 – Sept. 11, 2021 A memorial service for Rosemary Rouse, age 69, of Spirit Lake, was held Monday, Sept. 20, 2021, at the Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake. Burial was at Baker...
Mary MyersFeb. 26, 1954 – Sept. 11, 2021 Mary E. (Weiskircher) Myers, age 67, of Spirit Lake passed away on Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021, at her home surrounded by her family. A visitation was held on Tuesday,...
Bette Jo MillerDec. 3, 1925 – Sept. 15, 2021 Bette Jo Miller, age 95, of Spirit Lake passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021, at Accura Healthcare of Spirit Lake. A celebration of life will be held at a later date...
Garage SalesGARAGE SALE: 309 9th St., SW, Spencer. 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 24 and Saturday, Sept. 25.
Help WantedCDL Class A Tanker Truck Driver. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16
MiscellaneousGENERAC Standby Generators provide backup power during utility power outages, so your home and family stay safe and comfortable. Prepare now. Free 7-year extended warranty ($695 value!). Request a free quote today! Call for additional terms and conditions. 1-855-954-5087
Garage SalesLAKE PARK RUMMAGE: Sunday, Sept. 26 from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. 205 Lake Avenue. New stuff; crafts; decor; table saw; vintage toys; glassware; new electric stove top.