Dickinson County Democrats hear from DelaneyPresidential candidate John Delaney was greeted by the Dickinson County Democrats Wednesday night in the Nature Trails clubhouse in Milford. The former U.S. representative and businessman was the...
Possible minor injuries for teen after highway moped crashAuthorities said a Spirit Lake teenager was taken to Lakes Regional Healthcare with possible minor injuries Monday afternoon, after his moped collided with an SUV on Highway 71. Emergency personnel...
Legion posts prep for Memorial DayLocal American Legion posts have been preparing to honor veterans past and present. Several programs are planned throughout the county this Memorial Day. This year is particularly meaningful for the...
Spirit Lake blocks potential apartment complexDozens of area residents applauded after a recent Spirit Lake Council vote, which blocked the potential for a multi-family housing development along 36th Street. Developer Scott Nylen of West Okoboji...
- Northwest Bank supports Relay for Life (5/22/19)
- Endowment Fund allows Pollinator Paradise to bloom (5/22/19)
- Spirit Lake Library News (5/21/19)
- Milford Library News (5/21/19)
- Arnolds Park Amusement Park opens for season (5/21/19)
- Gardner Cabin maintains place in history (5/21/19)
- Winter Games 40 chair & co-chair announced (5/21/19)
- IGL Area Chamber presents check to protective associations (5/21/19)
- Spirit Lake Middle School Marching Band at Tulip Festival (5/21/19)
- OMS students experience "Outdoors in Iowa" (5/21/19)
- MAKE IT REIGNSpirit Lake junior speedster Joe Stein established himself as the fastest man in Class 2A this past week, winning the 100- and 200-meter dash events at the state track meet in Des Moines. Stein, a third-place finisher in the Class 3A 100-meter dash last season, qualified for the 100-meter finals with the second-fastest time (10.94 seconds) and the 200-meter finals with the fastest time (21.86 seconds) on Thursday...
- Okoboji's Albright brings home the gold
- Okoboji girls run well in Des Moines
- Delperdang places 9th to lead SLP girls
- Tapia medals at state for H-LP
- Indians top No. 14 Warriors in softball opener
- Stahly falls short in state tourney bid
- Indians fall to Kuemper in baseball opener
- Spirit Lake girls golf ends season at Storm Lake
- Third-ranked Pioneers qualify for state golf
- SL-O boys' state tourney run ends in Carroll
The jackets in our closetA maroon Members Only jacket hangs in the back of my closet. It is neither warm, nor comfortable nor stylish. It simply exists as continued proof of a plethora of fashion choices society wishes it...
State budget by the numbersNow that the 2019 session has ended, I thought it might be interesting to share a deeper dive into the state's budget. At the end of session, supplemental appropriations for Fiscal Year 2019 totaled...
Frank William LeuJune 14, 1944 — April 24, 2019 Frank William Leu was born June 14, 1944, to Oliver and WillaJean (Williams) Leu. He spent his early years on a farm in southwest Minnesota. His family moved to Sibley,...
Edward GadeSept, 9, 1951 — May 14, 2019 Edward Ray Gade, the son of Raymond and Dorothy Gade was born on Sept. 9, 1951, in Heron Lake, Minnesota. He earned a bachelor's degree for mechanical engineering from...
Dorothy SchultzJan. 17, 1929 — May 18, 2019 Dorothy M. Schultz, 90, of Milford passed away on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at Accura Healthcare of Milford. A memorial mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 23, at...
Engagement: Callaway, Wegelin announce August wedding (5/21/19)Anna Lynnette Callaway and Joseph Fitzgerald Wegelin would like to announce their engagement to be married. Anna is from Warren, Arkansas. She is a graduate of Arkansas State University and holds a...
Engagement: Bradley, Galvin announce wedding plans (5/21/19)Mallory Bradley of Estherville and Jeremy Galvin of Lake Park announce their engagement and upcoming marriage. Mallory is the daughter of Dale and Susie Bradley of Estherville and is a 2010 graduate...
Help WantedCommunity Memorial Assisted Living in Hartley currently has PSA/CNA preferred positions available. Competitive wages and flexible scheduling. Apply in person at the Health Center business office. EOE.
Farm SuppliesSEED TREATMENT for soybean White Mold and SDS! Ask your seed dealer for Heads Up Seed Treatment. Local data available. Cost effective. www.headsupST.com or 866/368-9306 (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver Pneumatic/Tanker. Annual Compensation Exceeds $80,000.00, Home Weekends, and Benefits like no other. We haul our own products! Contact Tony 608-935-0915 Ext 16 (INCN)
Recreation Equipment800+ Guns @ Auction! Sat., June 1st, Prairie du Chien, WI Preview: Friday, May 31, 2-7pm Modern & Collectible Firearms www.Kramersales.com (INCN)