Hoffman to fill vacant Milford City Council seatMilford residents voted Tuesday to make Shane Hoffman the newest member of the Milford City Council. Unofficial election night totals show Hoffman received 82 votes in the special election,...
Local COVID cases hit new all-time highLocal health officials said Friday there were 300 active cases of COVID-19 in Dickinson County, which surpasses all previous local peaks since the pandemic began almost two years ago. Friday's report...
Proposed utility ordinance may affect CO2 pipeline projectsCounty officials have generally agreed to the language in a drafted ordinance regarding underground utility projects in county drainage districts, and a vote may come as soon as next week. The...
County turns down annexation of Osceola County drainage districtDickinson County won't be annexing more than 4,000 acres of land — about 1,883 acres of it in neighboring Osceola County — into a local drainage district. The issue was put on hold in mid-October...
- Lakes Area man to spend five years in jail for possessing guns, explosives (1/25/22)
- Okoboji Kite Festival still on the rise (1/25/22)
- 2022 Winter Games to offer 4 days of fun (1/25/22)
- Spirit Lake students named as finalists in Iowa State Bar Association competition (1/25/22)
- Goodenow Family Fund and Bank Midwest support Igniting a Healthy Legacy Campaign (1/25/22)
- Hinn Real Estate welcomes pair of team members (1/25/22)
- Milford Memorial Library News (1/25/22)
- IRMMA announces Rock the Roof lineup (1/25/22)
- Campus News 01-26-22 (1/25/22)
- Midday blaze destroys Arnolds Park home (1/24/22)
Local monthly COVID-19 hospitalizations by vaccination status
- CONFERENCE CLASH: Spencer clinches conference dual meet crown with win over IndiansA year after reclaiming their Lakes Conference dual team title, the Indians surrendered the throne to Spencer following a home loss to the Tigers on Thursday, Jan. 20. The Tigers topped the Spirit Lake Park 51-25 in Spirit Lake. “Really proud of how our team battled and fought in each of their matches,” Spirit Lake Park coach Andrew Lundgren said. “We ended up dropping this dual because we were open in several weight classes, but I thought the guys that stepped on the mat did a great job of fighting and working for their tie ups and shots.”. ...
- Hot start ends in loss for Okoboji boys
- Pioneers face tall task in loss to No. 5 Midgets
- Wolves let early lead slip in loss to Blackhawks
- Indians dominate Knights at home
- Harris-Lake Park boys drop home game to West Sioux
- Early lead slips in Wolves’ loss to Falcons
- Pioneer girls compete at state wrestling tournament
- Burnette wins, Indians place 11th at Bishop Heelan Invite
- Hanson takes title, Pioneers place 9th at Herb Irgens Invite
- Wolves drop home game to Blackhawks
Trails TalkThe cold and snow can limit opportunities to get on our bikes and enjoy the trails, however, we are fortunate to have great cross country skiing trails in the Iowa Great Lakes to enjoy during the...
The governor's tax relief billLast week, Gov. Reynolds laid out her comprehensive tax relief plan for the 2022 legislative session. This week, more details and fiscal information are available as House Study Bill 551. The...
Rebecca Carol JohnsonJuly 14, 1957 – Jan. 17, 2022 A memorial service for Rebecca Johnson, age 64, of Milford was held Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022, at the Downtown Church in Milford. Rebecca Carol Johnson, the daughter of...
Michael Gerald HughesAug. 2, 1973 – Jan. 15, 2022 Michael Gerald Hughes, known as Mike, was born Aug. 2, 1973, in Estherville to Vincent and Agnes (Paulsen) Hughes. Mike was raised in Graettinger where he received his...
Bruce “Pepsi” BroshOct. 20, 1964 – Jan. 18, 2022 A memorial service for Bruce "Pepsi" Brosh, age 57, of Lake Park, was held Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Milford. Bruce Leon Brosh, the son...
Misc WantedKUEHL'S COINS: Buying and selling any gold and silver items, collector coins, diamonds, gold jewelry, paying $20-$30 for silver dollars, rare currency. No collection too big. Kuehl's Coins, Fairmont, Minnesota, 507-235-3886, 507-399-9982, open 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Farm EquipmentFOR SALE: 1975 1466 International tractor, WL-42 loader, 8ft Schweiss snow blower. Call for details. (712)330-4629
Misc WantedKUEHL'S COINS:Buying and selling any gold and silver items, collector coins, diamonds, gold jewelry, paying $20-$30 for silver dollars, rare currency. No collection too big. Kuehl's Coins, Fairmont, Minnesota, 507-235-3886, 507-399-9982, open 10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.