Milford's MillStone Park receives state grantThe Enhance Iowa Board included a local project as part of $675,000 in Community Attraction and Tourism (CAT) grants on April 10. MillStone Park in Milford will receive $82,500 from the state board,...
Land Mark officials announce major mergerTwo of the region's biggest convenience store pizza suppliers are going into the food business together. Land Mark Products and Orion Food Systems on April 4 announced a merger that brings competing...
Semi collision blocks Highway 86 trafficThe county's emergency communication center logged multiple 911 calls and traffic was shut down Wednesday along about a mile of Highway 86 after two semis collided. The past week's sudden return to...
Seasons Center rallies to take on Compass Pointe caseloadWith the sudden collapse of the Compass Pointe program, which has provided addiction and prevention treatment for the nine-county region, comes a rapid ramp up for the new provider that has stepped...
- Deadline for donated Habitat house nears (4/16/19)
- Spirit Lake examines light pole corrosion (4/16/19)
- 'Easter Wonderland' to benefit local Humane Society (4/16/19)
- Dickinson County Nature Center plans trivia night (4/16/19)
- Milford Library News (4/16/19)
- GriefShare returns (4/16/19)
- Districts unite for Acceptance for All (4/16/19)
- This week at Lakeside Lab (4/15/19)
- Mostly smoke for Wednesday fire at Polaris (4/10/19)
- This week at Lakeside Lab (4/9/19)
- HOME COOKIN'Returning Siouxland Conference champion and state tournament third-place finisher Okoboji continued its assault Monday at a home meet at Emerald Hills. The Pioneers were absolutely dominant, carding a combined score of 186 to take the title by 20 strokes over the rest of the Siouxland Conference's best...
- SL-O girls top Tornadoes at home
- SLPO girls soccer blanks Storm Lake
- SL-O boys tennis earns conference win in Storm Lake
- Indians host 2019 Sheryl Maahs Relays
- Pioneers run well at 2019 Sheryl Maahs Relays
- SLPO girls drop home contest with Warriors
- SLPO boys fall to No. 4 Storm Lake
- Indians host home track meet
- Spirit Lake boys golf wins at Armstrong
- Spirit Lake girls golf tops North Union
A big o'l bag of well-beingIn less than a week's time, the public in northwest Iowa went from being surprised by the sudden closing of addiction treatment center Compass Pointe, to wondering what society will do with the...
Keeping Iowa children safeEvery parent wants the best for their child. But not every parent has the resources or support network most of us may take for granted. New parents face many stressors as they welcome a child into...
Shirley Van IperenOct. 12, 1934 — April 7, 2019 Shirley Mae Van Iperen, the daughter of John and Frances (Popma) Schuller, was born Oct. 12, 1934, in Ireton. Shirley was united in marriage to John H. Van Iperen on...
Raymond 'Rocky' DuhnDec. 10, 1924 — April 7, 2019 A memorial service for Raymond "Rocky" Duhn, age 94, of Spirit Lake, was held Monday, April 15, 2019, at Turner Jenness Funeral Home in Spirit Lake. Burial took place at...
Nancy WolfeJan. 6, 1929 — April 12, 2019 Nancy Wolfe, 90, of Spirit Lake passed away on April 12, 2019, at Accura Health Care of Spirit Lake. Memorial services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, at...
ServicesJackpot Bus Trips May 9th: Overnight Trip Cost $55 per person double occupancy $90 per person single occupancy $50 free play Payment Due by May 2 Leave Spencer 8:30a.m. Milford 9a.m.; Spirit Lake 9:30 Returning at noon on May 10. Call for more details Vickie 712-338-2316 Terry 712-240-9089
Farm SuppliesSEED TREATMENT for soybean White Mold and SDS! Ask your seed dealer for Heads Up Seed Treatment. Local data available. Cost effective. www.headsupST.com or 866/368-9306 (INCN)
Help WantedPOLICE OFFICER: Indianola Police Department is taking applications for the positions of Police Officer. Obtain applications by visiting https://www.indianolaiowa.gov/181/Application, choose Application link. Deadline 4/26/19 EOE (INCN)
NoticesIf you or a loved one suffered injury or death while serving in the Iraq or Afghanistan war between 2003 to 2011 you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Attorney Charles H. Johnson 1-800-535-5727.