DCI credit card fraud case leads to arrest of Okoboji womanAn Okoboji woman faces 19 felony charges in Woodbury County after authorities think she used stolen credit card information to make fraudulent purchases in two states. Michele Renee Zeisler faces...
Fire destroys small storage shedMembers of the Milford Fire Department were called at about 5:50 p.m. Monday to a backyard storage shed fire at 604 H Ave. in Milford. The location is less than a block southeast of the Okoboji...
Okoboji Schools restructures administrative positionsFamiliar faces will be taking on new positions within the Okoboji School District administration. District Superintendent Todd Abrahamson said earlier this month the district plans to shift toward a...
Lawmakers address ongoing tensions at weekend forumDickinson County's delegation to the Iowa General Assembly had a chance to revisit some ongoing tension Saturday as part of the legislative forum series held Saturday in Spencer and Okoboji. State...
- Boater education is goal of March 18-24 effort (3/13/18)
- Wills Welcomes Breuker Financial Strategies (3/13/18)
- Kliegl named 'Great Iowa Nurse' (3/13/18)
- Dickinson County deputies assist with federal drug conviction (3/13/18)
- LRH paramedics receive critical care endorsement (3/13/18)
- Time to stop pruning oaks (3/13/18)
- Spirit Lake PD: Don't rely on 'Luck of the Irish' (3/13/18)
- Lee Brice to kick off 2018 Clay County Fair (3/13/18)
- Open Jam returns to Okoboji (3/13/18)
- Okoboji's regional Iowa Rocks Talent date approaches (3/13/18)
- Area boys earn postseason accoladesDickinson County boys basketball teams combined to go 33-35 overall this past season with just one of the three teams finishing over .500 for the season. For their efforts, several athletes earned postseason recognition from their respective conferences and one athlete was named all-state by the Iowa Print Sports Writers Association...
- Indians run at Lakes Conference indoor meet
- Okoboji boys start track season at Iowa State Classic
- Mammoths stopped in consolation semis
- Lakers fall in first round of regional tournament
- Southwestern stops Lakers
- Laker softball inks Mickelson
- Rehse to play at ILCC
- Bye-bye Bulldogs
- Area girls earn postseason recognition
- Barracudas win Division 3 state championship
Becoming a No. 1 stateBy now, you have heard about the state's No. 1 ranking in the nation, given by the US News & World Report. What a great honor to have been named by this prestigious organization as the top-ranked...
Progress on brain injuriesHF 2442 takes a proactive approach to reducing and catching concussions. Dr. Rick Wilkerson came to me a few years ago about a concussion bill. I am proud to say after many years of conversations,...
Joyce Bush WhalenAug. 28, 1950 — Feb. 20, 2018 Joyce Deanne Bush Whalen, 67, died on Feb. 20, 2018, at her home in Kissimmee, Florida. Joyce was born Aug. 28, 1950, in Windom, Minnesota to Hertha (Timm) and Addis...
Dale R. WilsonMay 27, 1936 — Feb. 27, 2018 Dale R. Wilson, age 81, of Newell died Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2018 in Casa Grande, Arizona. Funeral services were held at 1 p.m. Thursday, March 8, at the First Congregational...
Beverly RushJuly 21, 1929 — March 12, 2018 A funeral service for Beverly Rush, 88, of Lake Park, was held Monday, March 12, 2018, at United Methodist Church in Lake Park. Burial was at Silver Lake Cemetery....
Recreation VehiclesFor Sale: 2010 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic motorcycle. In excellent condition with many accessories, 20,400 miles. Call or text Jim Anderson 712-299-5568
Help WantedThe City of Waukee is hiring a Full-Time Police Officer. $23.62- $26.57 per hour, with excellent benefits. For more information visit www.waukee.org/jobs (INCN)
Help WantedPREMIER COOPERATIVE, CHAMPAIGN, Illinois, seeking qualified Chief Executive Officer. Full Service Co-op, Grain, Energy, 26 locations, $350 million sales. Qualifications: agricultural business management, financial, accounting and reporting experience in product areas preferred. Visit job: https://tinyurl.com/y8pou29l David.Lemmon@chsinc.com 320-219-0270. (INCN)
Help WantedClubhouse Manager Position at LITTLE SIOUX GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB , Sioux Rapids. April 2018-October 2018. Golf Knowledge preferred, but not required. Some food service experience, Bar tending experience, ordering supplies, and managing 3 to 4 employees a plus. Some benefits included. Send Resume to: LSGCC2@gmail.com or call Ryan at 712-283-2525.
Legals - Week of 3.7.18 (3/7/18)IN THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT OF DICKINSON COUNTY Lakeview Loan Servicing, LLC Plaintiff, vs. Jason E. Sage; Parties in Possession; Unknown Spouse, if any, of Jason E Sage, et al. Defendants. EQUITY NO: EQCV028451 ORIGINAL NOTICE FOR PUBLICATION You are notified that a petition has been filed in the office of this court naming you as a defendant in this action. ...