District approves OMS plansAfter a successful $25 million bond issue, various public meetings and some staff input, plans for the Okoboji School District's new middle school are a bit more concrete. The school board approved...
County home to be demolished as conservation footprint expandsThe Dickinson County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday voted to move ahead with demolition at the county home site west of the Dickinson County Nature Center. A private donor plans to finance a...
Judge weighs future of Parks v. Concerned CitizensIowa Third District Court Judge Patrick Tott will decide if a local businessman's lawsuit against a group who opposed the approval of a residential development will continue. Tott called for a...
Hockey group recaps Phase III of Boji Bay Ice Arena upgradesThe ice arena located just northeast of the Bedell Family YMCA in Spirit Lake is about to enter a third phase of construction, according to the Lakes Area Hockey Association. Treasurer Sharon...
- Local Farm Bureau reps honored at annual meeting (12/11/18)
- Spencer Community Theatre presents: 'Almost, Maine' (12/11/18)
- Commodores welcome Kindermusik at the Lakes (12/11/18)
- Youth in Philanthropy serves community (12/11/18)
- Milford Library News (12/11/18)
- Key Club announces 'Take Down Cancer' event (12/11/18)
- Bauman Big Band Christmas concert approaches (12/11/18)
- Iowa Lakes invites public to hear holiday handbells (12/11/18)
- Local wordsmiths grace pages of poetic state anthology (12/11/18)
- DNR investigates hunting incidents, urges safety (12/11/18)
- DOUBLE TROUBLESpirit Lake Park picked up a pair of Lakes Conference dual meet wins Thursday in Estherville. The eighth-ranked (2A) Indians topped Western Christian 72-12 and Estherville Lincoln Central 42-34. In their win over the Wolfpack, the Indians picked up five individual victories. Western Christian forfeited six weights. Spirit Lake Park lost matches at 170 and 285 pounds...
- Pioneers split home double dual
- Westerners defeat Harris-Lake Park girls at home
- Wolves top Westerners in nail-biter
- Okoboji comeback comes up short in loss to Dutchmen
- No. 9 Pioneers suffer loss to unbeaten Dutch at home
- No. 8 Indians place 13th at Council Bluffs Classic
- Pioneers place 9th at Bob Roethler Invitational
- Indians pick up overtime road win over Midgets
- Coburn's 33 leads Indians to narrow road win
- No. 9 Pioneers top Titans at home
Cannabidiol use legal under certain conditionsStarting Dec. 1, patients with medical cannabidiol cards were able to purchase cannabidiol from five places across the state. A person diagnosed with a qualifying condition can ask their primary...
Baby, it's time to move onIn this ever-changing world in which we're living, song lyrics can come back and bite you. It's nearing Christmas time, and the holiday touchstone "Baby, It's Cold Outside" is being put on the black...
Vicki KleinJune 6, 1950 — Dec. 3, 2018 A funeral service for Vicki Klein, 68, of Spirit Lake was held Saturday, Dec. 8, 2018, at Foundation Church in Spencer. Interment was at Lakeview Gardens Cemetery in...
Ray Leroy BootonAug. 1, 1937 – Dec. 7, 2018 Ray Leroy Booton, 81, of Lincoln, Nebraska, passed away Dec. 7, 2018, at the Cove House in Lincoln. His oldest and youngest sons were keeping him company at the time. He...
Delbert WillsSept. 21, 1932 — Dec. 3, 2018 Funeral services were held Friday, Dec. 7, at First Presbyterian Church in Sibley for Delbert Logan Wills. The Rev. Terry Simm officiated. Interment was at Holman...
Farm SuppliesGOT LAND? Our hunters will Pay Top $$$ to hunt your land. Call for a FREE info packet & quote. 1-866-309-1507 www.BaseCampLeasing.com (INCN)
Help WantedClass A CDL Driver $60K+ starting, paid weekly 5 State Local Runs, No Wknds 2016 Freightliner Cascadia Take your truck home Call Bob 612-803-8123 (INCN)
Misc WantedFREON R12 WANTED: CERTIFIED BUYER will PAY CA$H for R12 cylinders or cases of cans. (312) 291-9169; www.refrigerantfinders.com (INCN)
NoticesST. JUDE NOVENA: May the sacred heart of Jesus be adored, glorified, loved and preserved throughout the world, now and forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us; St. Jude, worker of miracles, pray for us. St. Jude, helper of the hopeless, pray for us. Say this prayer 9 times a day, your prayers will be answered by the 8th day. It has never been known to fail. Publication must be promised. Thank you Jesus and St. Jude. B.L.